Whenever you get a new device in your house, you would probably be super excited to learn how to use it. It is an amazing feeling that cannot be rivalled easily. You may think that the entire process that it takes to get it up and running can be done with ease but you may end up struggling at certain times. This is when you probably look up some sort of guide to help you out.
Windows 10 is a popular OS that is being used a lot all over the world. Many people have fallen in love with the various features that it has to offer and enjoy using it quite a lot. We take immense pleasure in providing you with the information that you need to set up and install Windows 10 without much hassle. We want to make your out-of-box-experience as pleasant as we can. Please check out the guide that is given below to get all of the details that you need.
Setting up new Windows 10 PC
These are the steps that you will have to carefully follow if you want to set up your new Windows 10 PC:
- The first thing that you will have to do is select the region that you belong to. When you are done with that, you can click the Yes button.
- If you do not have to add another keyboard layout in addition to the one that already exists, you can click the Skip button.
- You will have to perform a sign-in case your means of connection is wireless.
- You will have to click the Accept button to indicate that you have agreed to all the licensing terms that come along with the OS.
- You will then have to select the setup option for personal use. You will not have this option in the Home edition version since that edition of Windows 10 was built for home users by default.
- You can click the Next button and then confirm all of your account information so that the account that you want can be created.
- You can choose either a local account or a Microsoft account depending on your preference.
- The Next button will then have to be pressed following which you can confirm the account password that you are planning to use.
- After clicking the Next button, you will have to select Create PIN.
- You can then create a PIN that you would easily be able to remember that you think is also secure enough to protect your privacy.
- If you are interested in using a traditional password, you can do so by hitting the Cancel button.
- Choose the privacy settings that you think would be the best for you and then hit the Accept button.
- You will have certain ways in front of you about how you can plan to make use of Windows 10. You can select the things that are given to you or just proceed with the regular setup if you think that would be the best thing for you.
- If you want to enable Timeline to continue all of the tasks that you have had on your device, click the Yes button. You can choose the No button if you do not want this feature.
- You can enter your personal mobile number if you want to. The Send button can then be clicked so that your system and phone can be connected together. You can do this step later if you want to.
- You will have the option to let OneDrive backup all of your important documents to the cloud folder. If you are not interested in uploading your files or have some other cloud service in mind, you can avoid using this option.
- You can get the setup of Microsoft 365 done if you want to or you can just skip this step by clicking No.
- In case you have an Office product key, you can tell the system that by using the option given so that all of the applications will get installed on their own.
- If you want assistance from Cortana, check the option that is given corresponding to that.
- If you want Cortana to know more about you, you can allow Microsoft to get your personal information by hitting the Accept button. If this is something that you do not want, you can go ahead and mention it. You will have the option of doing this again later whenever you want to.
- When you are done with all of these steps, all of the settings that you entered will be applied immediately.
- If you want the default installation to continue, you can restart your system or remove the bloatware(software that you do not want) that you think you will not require.
- After you are done with all of the basic setups, you can install all of the latest updates that your computer needs. You can install device drivers that you think your computer would need. You can also personalise the desktop to make it suit your preferences and style.
We are excited that we got to share all of this information with you as there are probably so many people out there who are unsure about how to set up the new PC that they have gotten. It can be great to have some assistance in this area so that things are much easier for you moving forward.
There are so many things that you can do once you get the Windows 10 PC. Try to explore all the different features that it has to offer so you can get better acquainted with what it has to show you. Windows 10 is one of the coolest systems that are out there and you will have a great time using it. If you have anything else that you would wish to add regarding your experience with Windows 10, please feel free to do so in the comments section.