Microsoft has always been one step ahead of any other tech company when it comes to the OS they develop. They build the OS such that the OS is compatible with both professional and unprofessional users. The features they integrate with the OS are very powerful and versatile to provide the users with a good OS user experience. All the Essential tools are built-into the OS, to make the OS fully functional and make things easy for the users. There are certain pro-level features that can be easily used by users to perform many easy to complex functions in the OS.
The Windows Power-Shell needs a special mention here as this tool is one of the best tools that is built-into the OS for aiding users with automation and running simple commands to perform different functions. Microsoft not only provides OSes but also encouraged community features and supports the Microsoft community by providing special benefits for its members. With this many professional developers and Windows enthusiasts, the community is the best place to find solutions for common errors and big fixing remedies.
Windows Package Manager is a powerful yet versatile installation tool developed for Windows 10. The tool is licenced under the MIT licencing and the source code can be availed from Git-hub. You can use the Windows Package Manager to manage various applications and installation tools using simple and easy to use commands. The tool aids with the management and installation of MSI, EXE and MSIX formats. The tool is very simple to use and can be accessed using the Windows Power-Shell tool. There are several command lines that you can use under the Windows Package Manager to perform different package management functions.
With such a versatile open source tool, installation becomes easier and less hectic. Users who prefer command line functions can utilize the commands to perform all sorts of installation related functions through Power-Shell. The Windows Power-Shell is a scripting and command line tool built-into windows to provide users with advanced scripting and commanding features. Developers and professionals can easily utilize the Power Shell tool to perform various automation and advanced command line functions. The Windows Power Shell tool is an advanced version of the command prompt and has feature advantages over the conventional command prompt. With the Power Shell tool integration of various different aspects are possible and using commands became easier.
Recommended Post:- Use Google Assistant on Windows 10, but there’s a catch
List Of Basic Commands of the Windows Package Manager That Can Be Used With Window Power-Shell
- Features- Display the features and experimental of the application.
- Hash- You can look at the hash installer files.
- Install- Will install the mentioned application.
- Search- Will search for the mentioned application.
- Show- Will show information related to the application.
- Settings- opens up winget settings.
- Source- Manages the source of the application.
- Uninstall- Will uninstall the mentioned application.
- Validate- Will validate the files.
These are some of the commands that can be used with the Windows Package Manager to perform different functions. Each of the functions perform a specific operation and allow the users with the management of applications.
Now, we will elaborate on the use of the search command that performs the search operation of the specified application that is being mentioned. The command is very simple to use and can come in handy at times.
Here is How you search for apps in Windows Package Manager
Here is the proper procedure for using the search command to perform application search operation in Windows 10. The process is pretty simple and following the below steps will exactly, allow you to search for the specific application.
- Open-up Windows Power-Shell by searching for Power-Shell in the search tab in the taskbar. Or open the Power-Shell from the start menu.
- Once in the Power-Shell terminal, you need to use the commands in a particular order to perform the search function.
- You should properly format the command. Input winget search “the application name”.
- For example the command will look like this in the terminal “winget search vscode”.
- This command will perform the search operation and provide you with an output.
- Entering the exact package ID is mandatory for using the Windows Package Manager tool and simply entering the name of the application will not perform any operation for many applications.
- You need to find the exact package ID before using the Windows Package Manager to perform tasks for you.
The Windows Power-Shell may seem a bit confusing at first but it is one of the best viable tool available in Windows OS. Learning to use the Power-Shell will always prove to be beneficial. With some constant practice the Power-Shell can be mastered and functioning using the tool will be a piece of cake to any user.
Power-Shell is a pretty advanced command line tool that need to be learned by every Windows user. The tool may come in handy at unexpected situations and will make functioning easier. It’s advice that users start using the Power-Shell to perform basic tasks with the basic command line that can easily be browsed and learnt.
The Windows Package Manager is still under development but the tool can be used to manage packages with just simple commands. The tool will be made better over time and will be ble to provide more functions.
Hope the information provided was useful and informative. Try using the Windows Package Manager to manage your application packages and get to know about the Windows Power-Shell tool so you can utilise the tool efficiently to automate and perform different functions easily.