If you open a Task Manager in your operating system you will come to see “COM Surrogate” processes running in the background. The file name of dllhost.exe will appear on your desktop screen. These processors belong to the Windows operating system. Also, the processors are available on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. There are chances that these processors are available in the previous operating systems of Windows. To know more about Windows Modules Installer Worker, visit our ISO river for the detailed insights.
Today we will be discussing the core of COM Surrogate, the use of it and the standard process of removing “dllhost.exe”.
Overview of COM Surrogate
Basically, the full form of COM defines the Component Object Model. Microsoft introduced this interface in 1993. The intention behind developing this interface is to allow developers to create “COM objects” with the help of several varieties of programming languages. Most importantly, these COM objects plug into other applications through programming languages and try to extend them for functionalities and upgrades.
The user should be aware of the fact that the Windows file manager plays an important role as it uses COM objects to create thumbnail images and other files after opening the folder. It also appears video, documents and any other file with the thumbnail view. Moreover, it also manages to get the grids format or listing format if required. This enables File Explorer to increase the capacity of the storage and support for new video codecs.
There is a fact that this can also react as a problem. In case of the crash of COM objects, it takes down its host process. This process basically operates a COM object beyond the original process.
If Windows Explorers head starts, a COM Surrogate process will generate thumbnail images. In case any crash occurred with the COM object, the COM Surrogate will also crash but the original File Explorer will remain constant and still be running. It won’t make much difference in your workflow.
Difference Between Real and Fake dllhost.exe COM Surrogate
As users often get confused choosing the correct dllhost.exe COM Surrogate, here we have come up with the differences of the real and fake dllhost.exe COM Surrogate:
- Considering the version of the Windows OS, the original file of dllhost.exe com Surrogate will be located in c:/windows/system32 or c:/winnt/system32.
- The virus is occupying a massive amount of space in your operating system or memory while the real dllhost.exe COM Surrogate uses minimum usage.
The COM Surrogate is generally used to create thumbnail images of the files in the folder. Due to this feature, users are coming up with the problems of COM Surrogate stopped working in between the work. This concludes we need to review display drivers, temporarily turn off anti-virus software, renew codecs, and check the disk for errors.
Remove dllhost.exe COM Surrogate
It is very easy to remove dllhost.exe COM Surrogate, as you only need high-speed internet connectivity in your operating system. The process of disabling the COM Surrogate process is mentioned below:
Prefer ESET Poweliks to Remove dllhost.exe COM Surrogate
- Poweliks will help you change Internet Explorer security settings. This will help you stop downloading files. To fix this issue, press the Windows Key and Press R key at the same time.
- Continue clicking the “Security” tab > “Reset all zones to default level” button. Apply to save the settings.
- Now download the ESET Poweliks, and after the download is finished you will see the file on your screen with the name of ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe. Double-click on it.
- Next, the main screen will appear on your desktop for the ESET Poweliks Cleaner. This will help you detect infected files in your operating system. If the tool detects the files correctly, you can remove it with the delete options mentioned on the screen.
We hope that you are satisfied with the information we have delivered to you. It is really important to realize that you are aware of removing dllhost.exe. Com Surrogate and further download and install the update according to your comfort. Learn how to download dllhost.exe. Com Surrogate on your operating system. If you have any queries regarding solving the errors of the dllhost.exe. Com Surrogate you can drop down your concern in the comment section and we will get back with the solution in minimum time.