The internet is a very widely used tech all over the world by billions of people. The internet is accessed by billions of people every day and it has a virtual world that users use to explore and do much more on the platform. Well, there are thousands of platforms that operate based on the internet and the universality of the internet allows the platforms to be accessed by anyone with a data connection and a compatible device to support access to the internet.
Well in our modern-day world a lot of progress can be attributed to the internet and the platforms developed over the internet and we can clearly say that we can reach far and beyond with the use of the internet. Well, here in this article we will discuss an issue on Windows computers that prevents users from using the mobile hotspot to share the internet with other devices.
Well, to begin with, A mobile hotspot is a wireless internet connection that enables your Windows laptop to share the internet with other devices. A hotspot provides mobile connectivity to a laptop or computer, enabling them to access the Internet via a laptop’s connection instead of having to use a cable/DSL connection. Portable Hotspot is a useful networking feature in Windows 11. Enable this option to share your PC’s Wi-Fi internet connection with other devices. However, in Windows 11, the portable hotspot feature doesn’t always work as expected and here in this article, we are about to discuss the issue with the mobile hotspot on Windows 10 and 11.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Bluetooth audio stuttering on Windows 10 & 11
Well, the mobile hotspot on a computer is typically built on a laptop or a device that has Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth on them. The mobile hotspot on Windows works with the support of Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and can be easily enabled from the settings application. Well, to do that, open the settings application> go to the network and internet tab> go to the mobile hotspot tab> here you will find the options to share the internet to other devices from whichever source you are using and share by either Wi-Fi or the Bluetooth that is available on your computer.
What can cause the Mobile Hotspot Feature on Windows 10 and 11 to Not Function and Cause Errors
- Airplane mode is enabled:- Airplane mode disables the wireless connection. This means that you cannot use Mobile Hotspot with this feature.
- Bluetooth:- Bluetooth can interfere with mobile hotspot connections.
- Outdated Network Drivers:– Network-related issues for Mobile hotspots can be caused by outdated network card drivers.
- The firewall on Windows:– Windows 11’s built-in firewall or other firewall included in your antivirus software may be interfering with your mobile hotspot connection.
What are the Common Errors that you might See on Windows when the Mobile Hotspot is Not Functioning
- Hotspot Windows 11 not working:- open the network adapters folder found in the device manager window. In the context menu that appears when you right-click on the WiFi driver, select Update Driver.
- Unable to connect to Windows hotspot:- Firewalls and antivirus software should be disabled at this time.
- Windows 11 Hotspot Not Working After Update:- In this case, you can choose to uninstall the latest Windows 11 update.
- Windows Mobile cannot connect to the hotspot. Start the Network Adapter Troubleshooter in Windows 11.
- Problem getting IP address in Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 11:- Due to an error in the IP setting, the user cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network and will see this warning if they try.
- USB tethering not working in Windows 11 It has been found that troubleshooting USB tethering in Windows 11 requires manually updating drivers for your iPhone or Android mobile device.
Simple Methods to Fix Mobile Hotspots Not Working on Windows 10 & 11
So, now that we have discussed the basics of when the mobile hotspot is and what the cause of the issue might be on Windows, and the list of errors that you might encounter, we can proceed with the methods to fix the issue, so you can get going and make the mobile hotspot work on your computer.
Method 1: Run the Network Troubleshooter
- To run the network troubleshooter on your computer, open the settings application.
- Here go to the updates and security tab.
- Now, select the troubleshooter option on the left window pane and the options will be displayed on the right window pane.
- From the right window, the pane selects the additional troubleshooter’s link.
- Now from the list of additional troubleshooters, select the network troubleshooter and then run it.
Method 2: Disable the Airplane Mode
- To disable airplane mode on your computer, click on the network logo on the taskbar.
- Now you will find the airplane mode enabled, just click on it to disable it.
Method 3: Start the Mobile Hotspot Service
- Launch it with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- To open the service, enter the following text in the name box and click OK.
- Then double-click Windows Mobile Hotspot Service to open the properties window.
- Click the Start button.
- Windows 11 mobile hotspot start button does not work
- Select Apply and OK to save the newly selected settings. If the Windows Mobile Hotspot service is already running, right-click on this service and select the Restart option instead.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, with these simple methods you can easily fix the mobile hotspot not working on Windows 10/ 11 computers.