Windows is one of the best OSes out there with lots of features to offer. The OS has been evolved and has been made to be the best with all the features engineered into it. With Windows being a user interface oriented OS visual aspects have been given priority and Microsoft has put in tonnes of visual features to the OS to make it appealing and fun to use.
There are many major improvements done to the Windows OS which makes the OS well-performing and stable. These features have been infused into the OS gradually with each major OS release and finally, we have the final version of Windows, Windows 10 with some of the great OS features.
Even in such a great OS, there are minor flaws and errors that occur from time to time when things go wrong. These errors annoy us and bring about the necessity to fix them to work efficiently. Recently Windows 10 users have been reporting an error with the C++ runtime library which is a visual component of the Windows OS. the C++ runtime library is a set of files that are compiled together to aid in running a C++ and C dependent application. These libraries contain a set of codes and programs that run and support C++ dependent applications so the applications can run smoothly and provide the best user experience.
Failing of the Visual C++ runtime libraries will cause a minor problem with the visual components and they need fixing. There are some pretty easy to follow fixes, which you can use to fix the C++ runtime library issue.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Chrome’s Crashing after Windows 10 Update – Complete Guide
Fixed: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
The visual C++ runtime library sometimes causes the error and there are some pretty easy fixes to ward away the issue on your computer. Here you will find some of the simple methods that will help you through with fixing the visual C++ runtime library error.
Method 1: Reinstall The Graphics Drivers
The graphic drivers are a very crucial part of the display and the graphical aspects of the computer. They sometimes can cause errors with the visual C++ runtime libraries and could make the library un-usable by other applications. You just need to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them to fix the issue.
To uninstall the graphic drivers, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the device manager by searching for the device manager in the search bar.
- Here, look for the graphic drivers and right-click on it and choose the option uninstall the driver.
- Once you have uninstalled the drivers, check for hardware changes and reinstall the drivers.
- Now, you need to restart the computer and find out whether the problem is solved.
Method 2: Clean Boot Your Computer
Performing a clean boot will provide the computer with enough room to breathe as all the resources will be available for a good start and there will be no other program that will interfere with the startup and cause trouble with OS files.
To perform a clean boot follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Run tool, here enter MSConfig, and hit enter.
- The system configuration tool will open, which you can use to clean boot your computer.
- Here, go to the service tab, toggle on the Hide all Microsoft services and then click on the Disable all button.
- Now, hit Ok and exit the tool.
- Now, open the task manager by pressing the control button + the shift button on the escape key.
- Now go to the startup tab and disable all the programs that run during the startup of the computer.
- Once done, restart your computer, and the error will be gone.
Method 3: Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redistributor
If none of the methods mentioned above works, dont panic, you can reinstall the Visual C++ runtime library and get it fixed.
To reinstall the Microsoft VIsuall C++ Runtime redistributor, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the control panel, here navigate to the programs tab.
- Here, go to the programs and features option and then choose the option uninstall an program.
- From the list, select the Visual C++ redistributor nd uninstall it from your computer.
- Once uninstallation is complete, go t the Microsoft official website and download the visual C++ redistributor nd install the library package on your computer.
This will work for sure as the corrupt files are replaced with good ones.
Method 4: Reinstall the Erroneous Application
Mostly the visual C++ redistributor error will be caused during opening some application, you can rectify the error if you uninstall the application and reinstall it on your computer. This will help with rectifying any errors in the application.
To uninstall an application from your computer follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the control panel.
- Here click on the uninstall an application under the programs tab.
- Now, from the list of applications choose the one you need to uninstall and uninstall it from your computer.
- Once you have uninstalled the application, download an executable file of the application from the internet and then reinstall it on your computer.
- This will probably solve the visual C++ runtime library error on the application.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, make sure you fix the issue on your computer as you will not be able to access the application unless the error is resolved, and also an error with the visual C++ library will cause problem with running other applications as well.