Virtual reality devices and gears have become a very popular gadget with every other tech firm focussing on improving the virtual reality features in their products. Well, soon enough, virtual reality will become a very common feature with many users upgrading to VR gear. Well, VR holds a bright future and it is currently one of the developing tech features. So, with some VR brands, developing and selling their VR gadgets, users have been purchasing and taking their entertainment to the next level. Well, just like every technology VRs are not perfect and issues and errors can occur on the systems. Well, here in this article, we will discuss a common error on the VR devices from one of the famous VR developers. Hop on to fix some simple fix for the HTC Vive error 208 on Windows 10 and 11 computers.
Vive is one of the leading VR brands that offer consumers a variety of VR devices. Vive specializes in developing these VR headphones and with various powerful VR devices, they have a huge impact on the VR industry. Well, their VR devices are very versatile and offer various features that make their VR devices highly likeable. Well, just like any tech gadget, VR devices has some known flaws or issues that can sometimes, cause trouble with functioning.
Well, these errors are very minor and can be fixed with some simple tweaks. Well, one of the issues that users have faced while using the Vive VR devices with Windows 10/ 11 is the SteamVR error 208. Well, this error cannot be entirely blamed on the VR device but we can blame the computer, SteamVR and the VR device. So, to fix the issue we have to collectively focus on all these possibilities.
So, the question of what causes the error will arise first, Well, simply put, the cause for the error is just improper connection, so to fix the error, we have to find which component is causing the connectivity issue and then troubleshoot the error. Well, here in this article, we have some simple troubleshooting methods, that can be implemented to resolve the error.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons are too Big and Wide
If you are struggling with an issue that is preventing you from using the SteamVR with Vive VR devices, you can try out these simple resolutions. Resolving the issue might be pretty simple and you just have to make sure that the connections are proper before you jump right into trying out these fixes.
Methods to Fix the HTC Vive Headset Error 208 on Windows 10 and Windows 11
Listed below are the methods, that can be implemented to fix the Vive 208 error on Windows computers. Follow along and get the error fixed and effectively use the VR gear.
Method 1: Update te Graphics Driver
Updating the graphic driver will help with fixing the issue.
- To update the graphic driver, open the device manager and here, select the graphic driver and then right-click on it and select the Update driver option.
- Now, select the automatically update driver option so the internet is searched for new drivers for the graphic card.
- Now, restart your computer and check whether the issue is resolved.
You can automate the driver updates by using any third-party application.
Method 2: Enable the Direct Mode on StreamVR
- To enable the direct mode on StreamVR, launch the steam.
- Now start the SteamVR by clicking on the SteamVR button.
- Now, click on the dropdown arrow and then go to the settings and select the developer option.
- Now, make sure that the direct mode is toggled on and then restart your computer.
Method 3: Reinstall SteamVR USB Devices
- Unplug all the cables from your PC. and then launch Steam.
- Now, open the SteamVR and go to the settings.
- Here go to the developer option and then click on the Remove all SteamVR USB devices option.
- Now, select Yes ad then continue.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 4: Reinstall SteamVR
- To reinstall the SteamVR, launch Steam. Harem goes to the libraries and then select tools.
- Now, right-click on SteamVR and then select uninstall.
- Now, restart your computer and then install the SteamVR from the libraries.
Replug the HDMI Cables:
Even a simple loose connection can be a cause for the issue on Windows computers, so, you can just replug the HDMI on your computer and check whether the device is functioning.
Method 6: Select the Bets Version of SteamVR
- Launch the Steam application on your computer.
- Now, right-click on the SteamVR option and go to properties.
- Here, click on the beta tab and navigate to select the beta you would like to opt into, option.
- Now, select the option none and then close the menu and restart your computer.
Well, these are some simple and effective methods to fix the Vive 208 error on Windows 10 and 11. The methods mentioned will work but, you have to find out which method works for you because only one or two methods mentioned here will work in your case, so try out the methods and fix the error on your computer.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative. With these simple methods, you can effectively, work with the HTC Vive VR gadget.