With advancements in the computer industry, the OSes and the computer devices that are being built are more focused on providing users with an error-free experience. The OSes and software are becoming smarter and self-sustained and hence requires less human interventions with rectifying errors. Even so, there are some unavoidable issues caused bythe computer, which requires human intervention to fix and function efficiently. Recently, some Windows 10 users have reported an error message that pops up when they try to play an AVI video file on the computer using the default video player the Windows Media Player and the Movies application. Errors such as this are pretty uncommon and solving the problem is no big deal.
With Windows 10 OS being one of the advanced OS at present, errors like these are pretty uncommon, the OS has evolved a lot and the errors that occur on Windows are by far less complicated than what they used to be. The OS is precisely built and is a highly organized system this makes fixing errors and solving problems easier. The error code related to playing the AVI file can be caused due to the issue with the video driver, or the audio devices, and other minor problems with the system. These errors can be pretty easily rectified and need much less work.
Most movies and video files are coded in as AVI file and having trouble playing these files can be troublesome, AVI files are pretty powerful and need lots of resources to run them compared to some commonly used video codec. So when you face the error denying you the liberty to play an AVI file, it can be pretty annoying and you need to find a fix so that you
This article will discuss how you can fix the error code 0xc00d5212 by working on the issues that cause the error to appear. These methods are pretty common and can be followed by anyone.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Windows Backup Fails with Error Code 0x800700E1
Fix Error 0xc00d5212 on Windows 10
Here are some of the most common methods that can be used to fix the issue of unable to play the AVI file on your Windows 10 computer.
Method 1: Update Drivers
Updating the video/ display drivers can help with fixing most of the issue with video players and AVI files.
- To update the display drivers, open the device manager by searching for the device manager in the search bar.
- Now, in the device manager, look for the display drivers and right-click on themand select update drivers from the menu.
- This will open up a new window from which you can choose to search automatically for updates. This will run a scan and the newer version of the driver software will be downloaded and updates.
This is a pretty convenient and simple method and can be used to fix the most common issues with the video aspect of the computer. You can also check for other drivers and update them if you have spare time to save yourself from running into an error in the future.
Method 2: Reinstall the Audio and Display Drivers
Reinstalling the drivers is a good idea when the first method mentioned above doesn’t work. By reinstalling the drivers the old and may-be corrupt driver files are replaced by new ones and that might help with fixing the issue. Before you reinstall the audio drivers, you can unplug and re-plug the audio devices on your computer.
- To reinstall the drivers, open the device manager by searching for the device manager in the search bar.
- In the device manager, look for the display drivers and the audio drivers.
- Now right-click on the video drivers and click on uninstall the drivers, and next right-click on the audio drivers and then click on uninstall the drivers.
- Once done, click on the scan for hardware changes from the top of the device manager’s screen. You will find an icon like a magnification glass on a monitor, click on it and the scan for new hardware will begin.
- Once the device manager will refresh and you can install the drivers for both the display and audio drivers.
- This will help with solving the error on your computer.
Method 3: Use a third-party Video Player which can Play AVI file better than the default Players
The default video players in WIndows computers are pretty murky and cannot efficiently handle some codecs, so going for a third-party specialised video player could save you from running into errors. There are hundreds of good video players out there, you can download any of them on your computer, well some are paid and will perform better and there are free alternatives too, so you get to choose from the best.
Here are some best video players out there which you can use to play most of the video codecs without running into trouble.
- VLC Media Player.
- ACG Player.
With these Third-party media players, you get to experience better video and audio features.
Here are some of the most common methods that will help you to rectify the error. These methods sure to work and if the first two methods don’t work you can download a third-party video application
Hope all the information provided above was helpful, you can fix the error code 0xc00d5212 that is related to playing AVI codec videos.