With Windows 11 about to release officially, Microsoft is speeding things up to make the release on time. Microsoft has released a series of preview build of Windows 11 on their Windows insider platform from where most enthusiasts and Windows OS fans have grabbed the OS preview build. There have been many preview builds released with some too many changes and alterations. With the preview builds ready to download and install, users have tried using the preview build to access the OS builds, but are unable to do so, as there has been an error message displayed on the screen. Well, here in this article we will discuss the error message “your channel options will be limited” while trying to install Windows 11 preview build. So, if you have seen a similar error message on your computer, hop on and learn why this message popped up and what’s the method to resolve the error.
Well, as for Windows 11, the OS is advanced and requires a lot more system requirements than previous Windows OSes, well, this might seems to be a problem for many users as upgrading a computer with a new set of hardware to run Windows 11 would become a burden. Well, the OS is said to have many upgrades and improvements, to run which, a computer with good hardware is required. Well, this is a genuine requirement but it’s pretty harsh on users with a slightly low-end computer. Well the OS also needs a trusted platform module version 2.0 to run which would not be available on many old computers. So, with these said, you would have got an idea of why the error occurs when trying to install Windows 11, well this is not entirely the reason for the error but there are other factors that might be a possible cause for the errors, so let’s learn why the error occurs and what it means.
Recommended Post:- Windows 11 Receives no Support for Apple’s M1 Chip – Quick Guide
Why the Error Occurs and What it Means
“Your PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirement for Windows 11. Your channel option will be limited.”
This is what you will see on the error screen. This message is pretty simple and you can get the idea that your system doesn’t support Windows 11 as the hardware is not suitable to run Windows 11. But the problem can be elsewhere too, the TMP version 2.0 could be inactive and hence the OS can show you the error message.
So, to make things clear, we will lay out the minimum requirements for running Windows 11 on a computer.
- CPU- The CPU must have a minimum of two cores with a processing power of 1 GHz.
- The Minimum RAM required to run Windows 11 is 4 GB.
- The system should have a TPM 2.0 chip.
- The minimum resolution of the display is 720 p.
- Te graphics card should support DirecrX 12 and WDDm 2.0.
Well these are the minimum requirements for running Windows 11 and most modern computers have these hardware features, the problem is with older computers.
Well, the error means that some channel modes and features will not be available for you, and if you are wondering what channels are, then here you go. Channels are the pathways in the Windows insider program and there are three channels. They are the dev channel, the beta channel, and the preview channel. So, when your computer lacks the hardware requirements, then the features in these channels might be devoid for your computer.
How to fix your Channel Option will be Limited
Well, fix your channel option will be limited, there are some methods that will help you install Windows 11 even after the error. So, hop on and learn the methods.
Method 1: Enable TPM and Secure Boot in your Computer
Enabling the TPM and secure boot in the BIOS of the computer will allow the installation of Windows 11. This method will only work on computers with a dormant TMP chip and will not work on computers with no TPM chip.
- To enable the TPm and the secure boot mode in the BIOS, go to the settings application be pressing the Windows key and the I key on the keyboard.
- Here, go to the updates and securite tab.
- Now, click on the recovery option.
- Here select the restart now option.
- Now once the computer restarts, it will take you to the recovery mode.
- Here, select the UEFI Firmware.
- Here, undet the security tab, enable the change the TPM status to enabled.
- And, now, under the boot options tab, enable the secure boot.
- Once done, exit the recovery mode and restart the computer.
Method 2: Enable the Dev Channel Using registry Editor
So, this method is a trick, here, you will edit the features using the registry editor to enable the dev channel.
- To enable the dve channel, open the registry editor by pressing the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard and enter regedit in the text bar.
- Now in the registry editor navigate to this “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Selection”.
- Here, change the value of UIContentType to “Mainline” and the UI Ring to “External”.
- Once done navigate to this path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability”.
- Now, alter the Branchname Value to Dev, ContentTyoe to mainline, and Ring value to External.
- Once done exit the registry editor and restart the computer.
With these methods, you will be able to fix the error your channel options will be limited.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, fix the error and install windows 11 preview builds on your computer easily.