Windows 10 is a cool OS to run the latest computer. The OS offers many powerful and useful features. This OS is considered as the final OS release by Microsoft as Microsoft has adopted a new strategy in releasing their OS and has moved away from their former DVD releases. Due to this change in the structure, Windows 10 will be getting updates from Microsoft and will be supported by the corporation. Microsoft promises to provide updates to all Windows 10 users. Currently, updates are provided based on two feature updates per year with an interval of six months and 1 bug fix per month. Microsoft is keeping up with this promise ever since the OS was released for public use.
Updating the Windows 10 OS is pretty easy. You can either check for updates manually from the updates and security panel of settings or let WIndows update your computer automatically when updates are available. This auto-update feature saves you time and assists you with updation. The updates tab under settings has many options and features you can view your updates history, access advanced update options to control your updating settings, you can check for updates, you can download and install the updates, you can view what’s in the update, you can pause the auto-update for seven days and much more.
Updates are an essential part of a good OS. the company or the OS provider needs to update the OS to keep it up-to-date with the current trends and also fix bugs that might have been causing trouble to the users. Most of the OSes are judged by the users with the efficiency of the updates provided and are considered valid criteria for ranking the OS. <icrosoft does a pretty good job with updating the Windows 10 OS and had made all the update features online so it becomes easier for every Windows 10 user to avail the updates directly from the Microsoft server and install the updates on their PC without having to manually buy the update or call in a computer professional to update the computer. Most of the updates provided by Microsoft until now have been pretty good and any faulty update would be rectified by Microsoft with the next update.
The recent update released by Microsoft has a bug and this is annoying some users. The problem is pretty simple but can be annoying and can cause trouble to some users. This error is faced by not many but some Windows 10 users. The blue screen error is caused due to the latest update( KB5000802). The error will read “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH for win32kfull.sys” and a blue screen will appear mostly referred to as the Blue screen of death by the users.
Here are two easy ways to rectify this error one by uninstalling the update and the other by installing the newer updates with the rectification for the error. You will find a detailed explanation on how to either uninstall the KB5000802 update or install the newer update.
Recommended Post:- How to Record Sound using the Voice Recorder app on Windows 10
How to Fix the Blue Screen error (Blue Screen of Death) After Update KB5000802 on Windows 10
As previously mentioned you will learn two methods to rectify the blue screen error.
In this method, you will learn to uninstall the KB5000802 update to rectify the blue screen error. Uninstalling an update is pretty easy and can be done by anyone.
- Open up the settings by searching for settings in the search bar or by opening settings from the start menu.
- Go to the updates and security option in the settings.
- Now, choose the Windows update option from the left windows pane.
- Click on the view update history option to view the installed updates.
- Confirm the update number KB5000802 from the list.
- Once done exit the settings.
- Now, open up the control panel from the start menu or by searching for the control panel in the search bar.
- Once in the control panel, choose the uninstall a program option under the Programs tab.
- Now, from the left windows pane, choose the view installed updates.
- From the list, choose the KB5000802 update and uninstall it by right-clicking on the KB5000802 and selecting uninstall.
- This will uninstall the KB5000802 update causing you to lose the updated features and also rectifying the blue screen error.
- You can install the next update without any hindrance.
In this method you will learn to rectify the blue screen error by installing the new update released by Microsoft . the latest update has the fix for the blue screen error and will rectify the error with the installation.
- Open up the settings from the start menu.
- Now under the updates and security tab, choose Windows updates.
- Click on the check for updates.
- Windows will search for any new updates from the Microsoft server.
- If there is any update available you will see the download and install option.
- You will find either of these updates KB5001567, KB5001566. By installing these updates you will be able to rectify the blue screen error caused by the previous update.
- This method is better than the first one and can be pretty advantageous as you get to update your computer as-well-as rectify the error.
Updating your computer is very essential to keep it working at its full potential. Microsoft releases only important updates and provides better usability features with each update. The updates are free and only need internet for updation. Even though there might be some flaws in the updates, Microsoft will rectify the error and release a new update to improve the OS performance. It is always recommended to keep your computer updated as they will improve the performance and security of the computer.
Hope the information shared above was useful. Make use of the rectification methods prescribed to rectify the blue screen error caused by the update KB5000802.