High CPU usage has always been a problem for users. With CPUs being one of the main components of a computer, its usage can’t be restricted and every other process has to get processed by this intricate circuit system. Well, in layman’s terms the CPU is considered the heart of the computer and just like a human heart the CPU plays a very crucial role in running the computer. Well, in recent years, CPUs have been made powerful and they can be loaded up with tonnes of data and can process all of the data in seconds. Day by day the framework of the CPU is getting better, but even so, CPUs can be a bit troublesome at times and here, we will be discussing a specific kind of issue related to CPU.
Even with modern CPUs issues involving CPUs is practically impossible to avoid and computers running Windows OS are more prone to issues. One common issue that incapacitates the CPU is the high CPU usage by a specific process. Processes are key aspects of a Windows computer that enables various features and options to the users and without processes running in the background the OS will fail and the usability of the computer will be practically nil.
Well, in some cases the processes running in the background can cause issues on the computer and other processes might be hindered. So, in this situation, the only inevitable solution would be to stop the process or cease its functions in the background to save the CPU and allow other processes to be run.
There are several processes that can consume a high CPU and one of the common processes that might do so is the driver programs. Considering the importance of the drivers on the computer, we can be sure that they act as a bridge between the hardware and the OS and facilitates the OS to access various components of the system and they are very much important for the functioning of the computer, so in this case, we have to make sure that we fix the issue, so no further trouble is caused and we can effectively use the computer.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations
To speak about the error, there are three kinds that the error manifests on a computer and they are:
- The Kernel-Mode Driver Framework for standard kernel-mode device drivers
- The User-Mode Driver Framework v1 for C++ COM-based user-mode drivers
- The User-Mode Driver Framework v2 for writing KMDF-based user-mode drivers.
With this said, we might get to learn the cause of the error, so we can better interpret the error and work our way through fixing the issue.
The major cause for the issue is a damaged system file on your computer and the issue seems to appear exclusively on Windows 11 devices. So, now that we know what exactly causes the issue, we can get on to fixing it. Well, there is some confusion among users, that the WUDFHost. Exe is a virus, but it is one of the most important processes that run in the background.
Simple Methods to Fix the Windows Driver Frameworks Uses High CPU on Windows 11
So, here are some simple methods you can use and fix the issue with ease and run your windows driver frameworks using a high CPU.
Method 1: Reinstall the Wi-Fi Driver
Reinstalling the driver that causes the trouble will fix the issue at times, so you can try to reinstall the driver.
- To reinstall the Wi-Fi driver open the device manager by searching for the device manager in the search bar.
- Here, in the device manager, from the list find the Wi-Fi driver and right-click on the driver.
- Now, select uninstall driver option from the menu.
- Now, restart the computer and see, whether the driver has been installed automatically or manually install the driver.
Method 2: Update The Device Drivers
Updating the device drivers will help with fixing the issue with high CPU usage.
- To update the driver, open the device manager and then update each and every driver or pinpoint a device and then update the drivers.
You can also use a third-party application to automatically update the drivers on your computer.
Method 3: Clean Boot your System
- To clean and boot your computer, open the run command window.
- Here, run the command MSConfig.
- Now, in the system configuration window, go to the services tab.
- Now, click the box near hide all Microsoft services.
- Now, select all the services and then click on disable all button.
- Now, go to the startup tab and disable all the startup applications.
- Now, restart your computer.
Method 4: Disable SDO Sensor and Other Problematic Devices
- Open the device manager and here, locate the SDO sensor.
- Now, right-click on the SDO sensor and then select disable device option.
Method 5: Update your OS
Updating the OS can fix some common issues on your system, so to fix the issue, you can fix the issue and update the OS.
- To update the OS, open the settings.
- Here, go to the updates and security tab.
- Here, check for click on the check for updates button.
- The search will begin and the system will look for updates online when an update is available it will be downloaded on your computer and you can install it.
- Once the OS is updated, it will restart and you are good to go.
Well, these are some simple methods to fix the Windows Driver Framework