Every Windows OS comes with an installation key which will make the Windows genuine and let user access full features of the OS. the Windows OS have been a paid operating system for which the user can either download the OS version from the Microsoft website or buy the CD from retailers and also need to purchase a key from Microsoft to activate the OS on the computer. With each OS version, Microsoft provides a free trial period and the users can download and use the OS for about a month without activating it with a key but after that, a key is necessary for the OS to function. You can also run the OS without activation which will disable the personalization and some other features on your computer devoting you from setting up wallpapers and other user interface-related settings.
Most modern branded computers come with a pre-installed Windows 10 OS in them and you don’t have to separately purchase the key for the OS. Windows 10 OS is the latest version released by Microsoft in 2015 and is said to be the last major Windows release. The OS is supported by Microsoft and updates and improvements are provided by Microsoft periodically to improve the OS.
It is always recommended to use a licenced Windows OS to reap the full benefits of the OS and avoid using pirated versions of Windows OS as they might be faulty and can possibly corrupt the computer easily. With the licinced version you can get full feature support fro Microsoft and access all the update features provided by the company. You can also consult with the Windows OS community to solve issies with your OS and rectify minor errors and glitches.
If you had purchased the Windows 10 key from microsoft then you would have created an Microsoft account using which you would have proceeded with the purchase, but if you have bought the computer with a preinstalled OS you dont have to create a microsoft account and can use the OS directly. For people who intend to unlink Windows 10 licence from their Microsoft account there is a way and Microsoft allows users to opt this method to unlink Windows 10 licence from the Microsoft account.
In this article you will learn the procedure for unlinking the Windows 10 licence from your Microsoft account. The process is pretty straightforward and anyone with a basic computer knowledge can unlink WIndows 10 licence from Microsot account.
Recommended Post:- How to Remove the “Windows.old” Folder Safely in Windows 10 – Complete Guide
Learn How To Unlink Windows 10 License From Your Microsoft Account
Follow the steps mentioned below to unlink Windows 10 licence from your Windows 10 Account.
- Firstly, check whether your Windows 10 licence is linked with your Microsoft account or not by going to settings> updates and security> activation, here if you see “Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account, you can unlink the licence and use your computer normally.
- After confirming the link, you need to unlink it.
- Now, in the settings application, go to accounts.
- In the accounts option, click on your info from the left windows pane.
- Now, choose the option “sign in with a local account”.
- Now, you will get a blue screen stating, are you sure you want to switch to a local account, click on the Next button.
- Now, enter your pin to proceed.
- Now, choose the user name and type in a password in the blanks to proceed.
- Once done, click on the signout and finish button to unlink the Windows 10 licence from your Microsoft account.
- Now in the activation settings in the settings application, you will find windows is activated with a digital licence near the activation option.
- Now, you can remove your laptop from your Microsoft account online by signing into your Microsoft account online.
- In your Microsoft account online, go to the devices option where you will find all your Microsoft devices.
- Select the device you want to remove and press the manage option to see an option to remove the laptop from the Microsoft account.
- Click on the remove laptop option from the dropdown menu to remove the laptop from the devices list of your Microsoft account.
- Now you have totally isolated your computer from your Microsoft account.
As mentioned above the process is pretty straightforward and simple to proceed. You unlinking your Windows 10 licence from your Microsooft account will not affect your functionality and you can use the computer normally with all the featuresintace.
You will also receive updated from Microsoft without any interruption.
Hope the information provided above was useful and helpful. Feel free to unlink Windows 10 licence from your Microsoft account without worrying too much. If you are planning to give or give away your laptop to another person you need to unlink the Windows 10 licence from your Microsoft account to maintain the privacy of your account and allow the bearer of the laptop to use their Microsoft account on the computer.