Settings in the Windows system, being a very important and crucial tool, with access to many system management and configuration tools, users tend to use the application manier times and for most users, no session ends without the use of settings to access or configure the different aspects of the system. The settings app was introduced to the Windows OS in Windows 8 OS and before that the control panel was the one that was employed to provide users with the features to edit and manage the computer.
So, it is safe to say that the settings are an advanced version of the control panel with a better user interface and options, but still, Microsoft has not removed the control panel from the OS as it is in some cases better than settings and some users prefer using the control panel over the settings.
Well, with the settings application being a very crucial one, its ease of access should be made mandatory, so Microsoft has put the settings icon on the start menu in the OS. But here in our case, some users are unable to find the settings icon in the start menu. So, here in this article, we will learn the methods to fix the issue on Windows 10.
In Windows 10 the start menu looks extensive and the menu is categorised into three classes. In the first class, there are some important icons that are crucial and some of them are the start button, settings icon, pictures, documents and accounts. So, here these icons are very crucial as said as they provide some important functionalities and if users need to add some more, they can do so, but in some cases, the settings icon goes missing and this can happen without any reason and the cause can be corrupt system files. Here in this article we will explore the methods to easily fix the issue or try other methods to access the settings application, which can be way better than using this icon.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Windows 11 not Recognizing DVD Drive
Some Simple Methods to Fix the Settings Icon not Available in the Start Menu
So, here are some simple yet effective methods you can use to fix the settings icon missing in the start menu.
Method 1: Try Other Ways to Access the Settings Application
Well in Windows there is not just one way to open an application, users can use different methods to access an application and for the settings application, there is also a simple shortcut user can use. So, mentioned below are the methods that you can use to access the settings application.
- Use the keyboard shortcut “Windows key + I key to open the settings application.
- Use the search function in the taskbar to search for settings and then select the search results to open the application.
So, with various methods available, you don’t have to worry about the icon in the start menu, but if you still feel it is easy, below mentioned are some methods that you can use and fix the issue with ease and access the settings applied via the icon in the start menu.
Method 2: Fix the issue by Using the Settings Application
This method is pretty simple and with this method, you can easily enable the settings icon to be displayed on the start menu. If the settings icon is missing, this method is the first method you should try to fix the issue on your computer.
- To fix the issue Using the Settings Application, open the Settings app by using the shortcut Windows + I on the keyboard.
- Here in the settings app, go to the personalisation tab.
- Here on the left side tab, select the start option.
- Now, on the right side window pane, select the “choose which folder appears on start” option.
- Now, toggle on the switch near the settings option to enable the settings icon to display on the start menu.
Method 3: Use the Troubleshooter
- To run the Troubleshooter, open the Settings application using the keyboard shortcut.
- Here, navigate to the updates and security tab.
- Here’s, on the left window pane, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, select the additional troubleshooter’s option.
- Now, from the additional troubleshooters list select the suitable troubleshooter and run it.
Method 4: Create a Taskbar Shortcut
A taskbar shortcut can be of great help and you can access the icon on the desktop with much ease.
- To create a taskbar shortcut icon, open the Settings application using the shortcut.
- Now, right-click on the settings icon in the task manager and then select the pin to taskbar option.
Well, these were some simple methods that you can use to fix the settings application icon missing in the start menu, but if you don’t want to fix the issue, you can always use the shortcut dedicated to the settings application, using which is easy and simple.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative. With these simple methods, you can fix the settings icon not displayed in the start menu.