The multiple monitor feature in Windows OS is one of the best features of the Windows OS. this tech feature has been passed down to Windows 10 from its predecessors with some improvements and upgrades. Multiple monitor feature was first introduced in Windows 98 version. The tech had evolved to support wireless monitor connectivity and enhanced graphic abilities.
Windows 10 has separate settings for setting up multiple monitors and supports all kinds of monitors. You can use the feature to connect your secondary monitor and enjoy using two or three monitors with a computer without any problem. The OS allows you to use the secondary monitor as you prefer with the configurable settings, making it easier to configure the external monitor to suit your needs.
Having multiple monitors or external displays can really be beneficial. You can view the contents more precisely with the large and extended screen. Here you will learn the advantages of using multiple monitors to get a good idea of why you need an extra monitor.
- You can view the contents more clearly and legibly with a second monitor.
- Laptop users can attach a large screen to compensate for the relatively small size laptop screen.
- Gamers can play efficiently with the details being displayed larger.
- Designers can use large canvas sizes to make beautiful art easily.
- You can reduce the strain on your eyes by using a larger screen.
- Watch movies on a larger screen.
- Repurpose an unused monitor in an efficient way instead of letting it die in the garage.
- Programmers can use the secondary monitor to run their codes simultaneously.
- Multitask efficiently.
- Flexibility in workspace.
Anyone who needs the secondary monitor can use the built-in feature to connect the monitor to the computer without having to go through a lot of installation and set-upping protocols.
With multiple monitors, you can access much more screen space and can efficiently work with whatever you are doing. Professional works like copywriting programming, web-designing, and gaming can need multiple monitors. People who do these jobs can get a monitor to boost productivity and save a lot of time in switching between screens and software.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Second Monitor not Detected on Windows 10
How to Set up Multiple Monitor on Windows 10
Now, let’s jump right into the main point of this article, that is to learn how to set up, multiple monitors on Windows 10, the process is very simple and you need just some basic knowledge and stuff to set up the monitor on Window 10.
- You need to make sure you have a working monitor and a proper cable that is both supported by the computer and the monitor.
- You can use any monitor but need a compatible cable to connect the monitor to the computer.
- Most of the modern laptop supports only the HDMI port, so you need the HDMI cable to make the connections right. If your computer/ laptop supports a VGA port use the VGA cable to connect to the monitor.
- Check whether your monitor and the cable are properly working and are devoid of loose connections to avoid problems at a later date.
- Connect your Monitor to the computer using a compatible cable. Once the connection is done you need to configure the settings on Windows.
- Open up settings by searching for settings on the search bar.
- Once the settings are open, go-to systems and choose the display to access the display settings.
- Scroll down to locate the multiple display option.
- Click on the button that says detect, now your computer will detect the connected monitor and display it on the screen. You can also choose the option of connecting to a wireless display if your monitor has the features or your computer and the monitor is connected over a network.
- Once the monitor is detected, you can configure it using the settings provides and see which one suits your purpose the best and keep the selection.
- If you find an error in detecting the monitor you need to check for loose connections or need to check the monitor for fault or display problem.
- You can choose from these four options ( Extend display, display on only 1, display on only 2, and duplicate these displays) to configure your display.
The setting-up process is pretty simple and can be done with no problem. You need no expertise in attaching an external display to your computer. Once you are done with connecting the second display to your computer you can work efficiently and use the display as you want, make sure you maintain the display well, so that it dosent cause you trouble in the long run. This setup will be a permanent one and need no configuration every time you restart your computer, you can remove the external display whenever you want by just clicking on this screen only from the display settings and unplugging the monitor completely.
In most modern laptops you will find the shortcut for changing the configuration so that you can access the configuration settings using the shortcut and need not use the settings to change the configurations.
Multiple monitors can be of real use for computer users, with Windows OS this feature is well supported and the feature is provided to enhance the compatibility of the monitor. Any brand monitor can be used as a second or third monitor. The graphics card gets optimized accordingly and supports multiple displays. You can use as many as 10 monitors simultaneously on a Windows 10 computer.
Hope the procedure shared above is useful and helps you in some way. You can follow the procedure to set up multiple monitors on Windows 10. You can change the configuration of the displays and work efficiently.