Adobe applications are world-famous for their utility software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and much more. Adobe has been operating since 1987 and the tech giant has been providing constant software support and has included much software in the suite to provide users with a wide range of features. Well, with a wide range of industry-grade software Adobe has millions of professional clients and they have been providing great support and functionalities through frequent updates.
Well, recently Adobe shifted their creative suite software to creative cloud, which is a subscription-based system, that provides cloud-based software features, so with this, Adobe can provide users with better support and features and the creative cloud module is proving to be effective and most users have shifted to this platform and Adobe has been doing a fair job with providing the users with best features, but still, there are issues and errors faced by users when using the Adobe software and Adobe always provides support to the users to resolve the issue at the earliest. So, here in this article, we will discuss an error that is causing issues with using the Adobe Reader software.
With, an issue that is causing trouble with running the application, there can be problems in professional situations and fixing the issue in time is very essential.
Recommended Post:- Solved: Device Manager if it shows me Multiple Keyboards
The error that is troubling users with using the Adobe Reader software and the major issue caused is when users try to save the file or you will not be able to start the application and run the application. So, with this said, we can learn the cause of the issue. The RdrCEF.exe is an integral part of the Adobe suite and its functioning is very crucial, for running the application, and the issue is that the .exe file is either corrupted or trouble has occurred with accessing the .exe file.
Type of Errors that can Mean an Issue with RdrCEF.exe on a Windows Computer
- RdrCEF.exe application error 0xc0000142
- RdrCEF.exe application error 0xc06d007e
- RdrCEF.exe application error 0xc00000001
All these errors mean the same but there might be some minor variations, so, here in this article, we will discuss a wide range of solutions that can be used to fix all these types of errors on a Windows PC.
So, with the issue known, we can focus on fixing the issues. So, to fix the issues, here are some simple methods that you can use and get your problem fixed.
Simple methods to Fix the RdrCEF.exe Application Error on a Windows Computer
Mentioned below are some of the simple yet effective methods that you can use and fix the issue on your computer with ease.
Method 1: Disable the Adobe RdrCEF
Since the RdrCEF.exe and Adobe Reader goes hand in hand, it is not possible to disable the RdrCEF and use Adobe Reader, but if you wish to sacrifice some features in the Adobe Reader, you can rename the .exe file and still use the application.
- To rename the RdrCEF.exe, open the file explorer.
- Here, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AcrobatReaderDC\Reader\AcroCEF.
- Here, find the RdrCEF.exe, now, right-click on it and then select the rename option from the menu.
- Now, rename the file as RdrCEF_old.exe and then save it.
Method 2: Run as an Administrator
- If the issue occurs, you can try running the Adobe Reader as an administrator and do it, go to where the application is located.
- Here, right-click on the application file and then click on the option run as an administrator to open the application with administrator rights.
- Now, to make it run permanently as an administrator, open the properties from the menu.
- Now, go to the compatibility tab and here, tick the checkbox near Run this program as an administrator.
- Now, select the apply option and then click on the ok button to save the option.
Method 3: Check the Permission
For running applications on a computer, permissions are essential. When permission is denied there might be some issues that you can encounter when trying to access the application, so, first, you have to check whether the application has permission to be run on the system.
- To check for permission, right-click on the application icon and then, go to the properties tab.
- Here in properties, go to the Security tab.
- Here, click on the “Edit” option near the to change permission, click the edit option.
- Now, tick all the check boxes that are displayed in the tab.
- Now, save the options by selecting the Ok button.
Method 4: Update the Adobe Acrobat Reader
Updating any software when there is an issue, can resolve the issues as when the application is causing issues because of faulty files, the files might be replaced by the new set of files that gets downloaded with the updates. So, you can try updating the software.
- To check for updates, open the Adobe Reader and here, go to the help tab.
- Now, click on the check for updates option.
- The application will check for updates online and will install the latest available update.
Method 5: Repair Installation
- To repair installation, open the Reader application, here go to the help tab.
- Here, select the repair installation option from the menu.
- Now, click on Ok.
Any installation error will be rectified and the issue caused by the faulty installation will be fixed.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative and with these simple methods, you can easily fix the issue with the Adobe Reader and use the application efficiently.