Microsoft has come a long way with its multimedia applications like image viewer and media layers. The corporation has incorporated the best-in-class features in the applications to make them worthy and efficient. The Windows 10 comes with an exclusively featured Photos application with superior capabilities, the application features many editing features and supports mostly all common image formats. With the photos application, you can access, edit and create videos with great ease and efficiency. However many users are experience error Code 0x887a0005 while using the photos application.
Photos come as an in-package image viewing cum editing application in the Windows 10 OS. With photos application, the necessity for installing a third-party photo application is very much reduced as Microsoft has made the application function with great efficiency and provide the users with great functionality. Additionally, the application is also packed with a basic video creator and editor which can be used to create and edit videos with ease and precision.
A simple and compact video editor is a pretty advantageous thing to have on the computer. With this application being completely free for use, it makes things even more awesome and fun, any Windows 10 user can now create awesome videos with the built-in video editor and use it as they choose. This makes multimedia fun for users as the application enables users to do much more than viewing images on the application.
Recently users have raised questions about the photos application. It is noted that there is an error code 0x887a0005, which apparently, is caused due to some issues with the video creator/ editor in the photos application. This issue seems to interrupt the whole video editing process and prevents the video to be saved after creation or editing. This error can be pretty annoying as it not only disrupts the workflow but also disables the option to save the created video, and as we all know, creating or editing a video is a pretty hard task and something like an error can cause frustration.
Well, you can fix the issue with some of the working methods. You can try out these methods and fix the issue on your computer. You would have also thought of downloading a third-party video editor to compensate for the features of the photos application, this too seems to be a great idea but keep it for later when you are unable to fix the issue. Well, using a third-party application can be beneficial but when you can fix the application why go and install an application from the internet, so just try fixing the photos application and edit videos efficiently.
Recommended Post:- How to Activate Dark Mode on your Windows 11 PC – Complete Guide
Fix the Error code 0x887a0005 on your Computer with these Simple Fixes
Here are some of the simple and easy to follow fixes that you can employ and rectify the error in the photos application. These fixes are pretty effective, so trying to fix the issue is a good option.
Method 1: Update Your Video Cards Drivers
Updating the graphics drivers can be pretty assuring and will fix lots of issue in your computer relating to video and display. Having an updated graphic driver is always a good option to maintain a good display.
- To update the graphic drivers, open the device manager by searching for the device manager in the search bar in the taskbar.
- Now, in the device manager look for the graphics driver and then right-click on it to open the menu.
- From the menu click on the update driver.
- A new window will open from where you have to select the option select automatically for drivers (make sure you have an active internet connection).
- Once you have updated the driver, the Error Code 0x887a0005 will be gone and you can edit and create videos on the photos application.
Method 2: Trouble Shoot the Microsoft Stores Application
- To run the troubleshooter, open the Settings application by pressing on the Windows key and the I key on the keyboard simultaneously.
- In the settings application, go to the updates and security option.
- Here, select the troubleshoot option.
- Now, click on the “additional troubleshooters”.
- Now, scroll through the list of troubleshooters and then select the Windows store apps and click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- This will run the troubleshooter and fix the issues related to the application.
- Once done, restart the computer.
Method 3: Reset the Photos Application
Resetting the application’s cache can prove to be one of the best methods to fix the issues related to the application. When you reset the application, it resets the problematic files and the issue could be resolved. In Windows 10 there is an option to reset applications which you can avail in the settings application.
- To reset the photos application, open the settings application.
- Here, go to the apps option.
- Now, select the apps and features,
- Here look for the Microsoft Photos application and click on the advanced options.
- Here, scroll down the page and click on the reset option. This will reset the application cache.
Method 4: Reinstall Microsoft Photos Application
- Open the command prompt and eneter this code “get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage”.
- This will uninstall the Microsoft Photos.
- Now go to the official Microsoft website and download the Microsoft Photos plication.
- Once downloaded the application install it on the computer.
Hope the information provided was helpful and informative, fix the Error Code 0x887a0005 easily and work efficiently with editing video on your computer.