A marketplace for Windows applications is a great place to download applications securely. Mostly all OSes have their own apps market and Microsoft Stores is native to Windows OS. the application is a great place where you can find millions of applications dedicated to Windows OS. With Microsoft stores installing applications on Windows OS becomes easier. You can just open the Microsoft stores app and then search for the application you need to install and then download the app.
We all know that Microsoft Stores is a pretty good place to get all applications, moreover, the applications on Microsoft are thoroughly scrutinized by Microsoft before they become publicly available. Microsoft stores were first released with Windows 10 and are being updated for Windows 11. The application hosts millions of native Windows applications and software. Before the introduction of Microsoft Stores users used to buy applications viss CDs or download them through the internet directly from the official websites of the applications. This method was not an efficient one and with the introduction of MS stores, installing applications directly on computers became easy and simple.
Most of you would have been using Microsoft stores for installing applications on your Windows computer but when you had recently tried to use the application, it is not responding. This situation is pretty difficult to handle and if you were in a hurry to install an application, you would have been deeply troubled. Well, the issue is not a very common one and can be fixed with ease by following some simple methods, even then, when the issue is caused, you have to look for alternates to get your job done and that puts you in a difficult place.
Here, in the article, we will put forth some simple methods to fix the Microsoft Stores not working error, so, you can use the application effectively to download and install applications on your computer.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Battery Icon is Missing on Windows 10 – Step by Step Guide
The causes of the application to fail is there might be an issue with the file related to Microsoft Stores, or the network connection is causing hindrance with using the application and other minor issues in the computer. These are not very serious but needs fixing for the normal functioning of Microsoft stores.
Ways to Fix Microsoft Stores Application Not Working Issue on Windows Computers
Well, if you are stuck with unresponsive Microsoft stores, and need to install an application, you can either try to fix the issue and then use the application or tey download the application, directly from the official website of the application. If you are not running short of time, you can try fixing the application or try the other method mentioned above.
Well, the methods here are very simple and can be followed with ease by anyone. Follow along and fix the issue with the Microsoft stores app.
So, before we jump right into learning the fixes, there are three important things you need to check and they are.
- Check whether the computer is up to date.
- Check whether user account control is enabled.
- Check whether the graphics card is updated.
Try Xbox to Install Games
Xbox is one of the popular gaming platforms Microsoft developed, they have integrated an application exclusively for Windows OS that enables users to download games directly from the app. So, if you are looking to download games from Microsoft stores, try Xbox app instead. The Xbox app features other gaming-oriented features so, using this to download and subscribe to games is a good move.
Change the DNS Address
The DNS in the computer is the phonebook for websites, and it is responsible for properly navigating you to the correct server that you choose using a link. So, the error 0x80131500 in Windows where the Microsoft stores is not working, you have to change the DNS address to fix the issue. So, here is the detailed method to change the DNS address, so, the issue is resolved.
- Go to settings, hare, go to network and internet option.
- Here change the adapter options.
- Now, right-click on the network connections and then click on properties.
- Now, in the new window, scroll down to internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), right-click on it and click on the properties.
- In the preferred DNS server column, enter the address 188.8.131.52, which is the server id of Cloudflare universal DNS resolver. Click ok.
- Now try running Microsoft stores and the app will be running properly.
- You can also change the DNS address to 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. Which is Google’s public DNS.
Change the Time on the Computer
Sometimes when the time on the computer gets altered an issue will occur and you can resolve the issue with ease.
- To change the time on your computer, right-click on the date and time section of the taskbar.
- Now, from the menu choose to adjust the date/time.
- Now, switch off the set time automatically option.
- Now, once the automatic system is turned off completely, you can turn it back on, so it calibrates itself and displays the correct time.
Clear Windows Store Cache
Well, this is a pretty simple fix that involves clearing the store cache.
- To clear the cache, open the run command by pressing the Windows and R key on the keyboard.
- Now, in the run command, enter “wsreset” and hot enter.
- This will reset the application’s cache.
Reinstall Microsoft Stores
Reinstalling is a good trick you can try to fix any issue with the application.
- To reinstall Microsoft Stores, open the PowerShell as an administrator.
- Now, type “ get-appxpackage -allusers”.
- Now find the Window’s stores entry and copy it down.
- Now, type “remove-appxpackage” and then paste the copied entry then run it.
- The entry will look sometining like this “remove-appxpackage Microsoft.WindowsStore_11712.1001.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe”
- Now, hit enter so the command can run.
- Once done, restart the computer.
- Now, reinstall the Windows stores by typing “ Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11804.1001.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode” in the PowerShell and run it.
- This will reinstall the Windows stores app on your computer.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, with these simple methods, you can effectively fix issues with Microsoft stores.