Applications and software on Windows computers are like cream on the cake. Applications developed to run on Windows systems are often great and highly feasible. There are millions of applications and software built to run on Windows machines offering several utility features. Well, the perfect marketplace for grabbing the best is Microsoft Stores. With Microsoft Stores on Windows, users are able to install the best applications without any fuss. Well, there have been some issues with the Microsoft Stores causing users to struggle with using the application. Apparently, an error with a code 0x87e10cf is troubling users and here in this article, we will discuss why the error occurs and some simple ways to fix it. So, if you have encountered this error, hop on and get going with fixing the error.
So, errors on Windows computers are pretty common and with Windows 11 being the newest released OS, errors occur frequently and the OS has lots of flaws and bugs that will be fixed with consequent updates. Windows 11 was very much hyped by Microsoft before release, but upon release by Microsoft, the OS was criticized by many users for not providing necessary features. Well, this being the case, an error related to the Microsoft Stores is nothing to be surprised of and here, we will look into the cause of the error and fix it with simple solutions.
Recommended Post:- How to fix DLL Files Missing on Windows 10 and 11 PC
Well, to begin with, let’s focus on the cause, once we have a good understanding of the cause, we can focus on fixing the error with suitable methods. So, the cause for the error can not be pinpointed to a single problem but there are multiple reasons that can potentially cause the 0x87e10cf error. Some of the major causes are faulty system files, faulty Microsoft stores components, and improper updation of the OS. So, with this said, the issue might seem very difficult to resolve but the reality is there are several methods, that focus on different causes of the error, so you can try out these simple methods and fix the error with ease.
Simple Methods to Fix the 0x87e10cf Error on Windows 11
Here are some simple methods that you can use and fix the error 0x87e10cf on your Windows 11 computer.
Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting is a great feature of Windows, with the troubleshoot feature, many common errors can be fixed with ease. So the error 0x87e10cf can also be fixed by troubleshooting.
- To troubleshoot the error, open the settings application by either searching for it in the search bar or by pressing the Windows + I key on the keyboard.
- Here, in the settings, go to the update and security tab.
- Here, open the troubleshoot option.
- Now, click on the other troubleshooter option and from here, run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Once the troubleshooter is done running, restart the computer.
Method 2: Reset the Microsoft Store Cache
- To reset the Microsoft Store Cache, open the windows terminal as an administrator.
- Here, in the terminal, click on the down-facing arrow and then select the Command Prompt option.
- Now, in the command prompt terminal, type in wsreset and hit enter.
- The command will run and the cache will be deleted.
Change the Startup Type
- Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard.
- Here, type in services.msc and hit enter.
- Now, in the services tool, navigate to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and right-click on it and select Properties option.
- Now, near the startup type, select automatically.
- Now, under the services status option, select the options start.
- Once done, navigate to the following services and do the same: cryptographic services, Windows Installer, Windows Update.
- once you are done with the process, save the changes and restart your computer.
Method 3: Uninstall the Conflicting Application from your Computer
The Error Might also be Caused by Conflicting Applications, so uninstalling the application will help with fixing the error on your computer.
- First, identify the application that is causing the trouble, now, uninstall the application by.
- Opening the settings application, here, go to the Apps tab.
- Here, in the apps and features tab, select the application you need to uninstall and then click on the uninstall button.
Method 4: Repair/ Reset the Microsoft Stores Application
- Open the settings application.
- Here, go to the apps tab.
- Here, select the apps and features option.
- Here, click on the three dots, near the Microsot Stores app and now, select the advanced option.
- Now, select the repair or reset option, you can try doing both if one dosen’t work.
Method 5: Restore your Computer
- To restore your computer, open the search option, here, search for create a restore point and select the option from the search results.
- In the system properties tool, select the system restore button.
- Now, select the option, choose a different restore point and then click on next.
- Now, proceed with the steps.
- Now, select the restore point you wish to restore your computer to and proceed with the process.
- Once done, click on the finish button.
Well, these are some simple methods to fix the 0x87e10bcf error on Windows 11.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, with these simple methods, you can fix the 0x87e10bcf error with ease.