Open- world massively multiplayer online game is Final Fantasy XIV which is inspired by the Final Fantasy franchise. The game is updated at frequent intervals. Users should stay connected to the dedicated Final Fantasy XIV hub if the user wishes to study this great massively multiplayer online.
We some Final Fantasy XIV players who are talking about the incompetent version check error on the stream’s forum. When the Final Fantasy XIV launcher window is opened by gamers, this type of error may occur. Accordingly, gamers cannot play Final Fantasy XIV because of error. If the players are settling down this problem then we would suggest they should give a quick look over the solution for it. Learn more about This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS Decoding Issue, drop down to our ISO River page for the detailed insights.
In this article we will be discussing how to fix FFXIV issues of unabling to complete version check error.
Effective Methods to Fix Final Fantasy XIV Unable to Complete Version Check
User may restart their computer
When the error produces, the user may restart their router. For doing this, the user may switch off the router and then unplug it. After five to ten minutes before plugging their router back in. Then switch on their router again.
Users may switch off Windows Defender Firewall
According to some users, they have settled down the Final Fantasy XIV unable to complete version check error by the switch on the Windows firewall off.
- To the search, utility users may click the Windows key +S hotkey.
- To explore the Windows Defender Firewall, users have to give an input firewall.
- Users may press the Windows Defender Firewall. Then they open the Control Panel applet for this.
- Users may click Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the settings.
- Users have chosen the switch off Windows Defender Firewall options, and press the OK button to exit.
- Then the user makes an effort to use the FFXIV launcher with WDF disabled.
Third-party antivirus software must be disabled
To impair those utilities instead of WDF, the user with third-party antivirus software will be needed. For the user’s antivirus utility, the user needs to right-click on the system tray icon to choose the disable option for it. If disabling the firewall option is shown by the user’s antivirus system then the user must go for it and choose it for their settings.
An adware scan must run
The Final Fantasy XIV unable to complete version check error occurs because of adware. This user is scanning for the adware with ADwCleaner to settle down the problem for some gamers. Users may click for free download on the ADwCleaner page. It must be done to save the setup wizard for the software and with this user must install this. Users may open the Malwarebytes ADwCleaner and also press the scan now option to start an adware scan.
The game’s file integrity must be verified by the user
If the user installed FFXIV via a stream client, a verification must be needed by the user for the integrity of the game’s files. For this follow the following instructions:
- The streaming window must be opened by the users.
- To select the properties the user may right be clicked on the Final Fantasy XIV in the user’s steam’s game library.
- Users may choose the Local Files tab on the properties Window.
- To verify, users must press the integrity of the Game Files option.
Users may stay connected to VPN
According to some gamers, they have settled down the Final Fantasy XIV unable to complete version check error by connecting to VPN and also the opening games launcher. If the user does not have VPN software then they search for the best VPN software. Users must download and install one of the best VPN clients and open the Final Fantasy XIV launcher when users want to connect the system with their VPN.
User may edit the Final Fantasy XIV boot file
For some gamers, editing the game’s boot file settles down the Final Fantasy XIV unable to complete version check error.
- For this user must open the File Explorer with the Windows key +E
- Then the folder path may be opened in file explorer.
- A Realm Reborn- %userprofile%Documents/MyGames/FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Users may right-click the FFXIV_BOOT file to choose Open with > Choose another app. After that, the user may open the file with notepad.
- In the FFXIV_BOOT file, the user may edit the BOOtVersionCheckMode value from 0 to 1.
- Users may manage the B4EulaAgreement value to 1 if this already does not exist.
- Then the user may choose the file and press the Save option. Here are some of the solutions for committed gamers so that they can solve the FFXIV’s version check error.
- It keeps in the mind of all players that this problem arises if server maintenance is not proper for the game.
- Users may check if the FFXIV server undertakes maintenance at the game form.
Fix: FFXIV Unable to Complete Version Check or Update
Final Fantasy XIV is mainly a subscription-based game. Gamers may play Final Fantasy from anywhere but they cannot approach all the servers. For that reason, a good VPN must be possessing the user. Final Fantasy XIV is a costly and extensive story which is not removed or not ignored. At the end of this article, we can say that difficulties occur due to various kinds of problems. But it can be fixed. If the user properly follows the above-mentioned steps then they would not face any problems during the gaming session on Final Fantasy XIV