In the modern computer era, PC games have become more popular with professional gamers and people who want some fun activities that can entertain them as well as involve them. Games are the perfect go-to entertainment solution for anyone with a computer or a gaming console. There are many genres of games out there that can be downloaded and played on computers. Games are considered stress busters at times as they distract your attention from your daily routine and reduce the pressure and stress associated with work. Regularly playing computer or video games can be beneficial for cognitive well being.
Most of the games require powerful hardware features to run, especially games that were developed in recent times that are highly demanding for hardware. People with mid-range computers and laptops could not play highly demanding games but there are many old games that were developed to run on a low-end machine and they could be of help in situations like this. Low-end games are not that graphic-intensive and their quality is low compared to the high-end games. There are many aspects that determine whether the game is good to play or not. These involve the characters, the storyline of the game, visual features of the game, control, and ease in playing. When a game satisfies all these characters, it is better and can entertain people more.
Battlefield 2 is a first-person shooting game that was developed by EA Digital Illusion in 2005 for Windows OS. The game revolves around the concept of a fictional war between NATO and China set in the early 21st century. It is a typical war game with advanced weaponry and a strategic war theme. The player can choose the country he wants to fight for. There is a sudden plot twist that is unleashed in the middle of the war where it is known that all the commotion caused by the war was due to a misunderstanding caused by a terror group, whose ultimate goal is to destroy all the nations. The player needs to fight the war as well as stop the terrorist organization to avoid a nuclear war that was about to start. The game is pretty straightforward and intense with war scenes and gore. This may not be appealing for some people.
Recommended Post:- Download Mobizen Mirroring App for Windows PC
Features of Battlefield 2 for Windows 10
Let us see some of the cool features that this game brings with it:
- The game is old and can run smoothly on any low-end computer.
- The graphics are pretty cool and can be tweaked and altered to suit the player’s preferences.
- The controls are straightforward and changeable to make it easy for the person playing to feel at ease in the game.
- The storyline is very simple and straightforward. It makes the gameplay easy and fun.
- Teamwork and collaboration are some of the main concepts that the game revolves around as it is a war game.
- The player gets to choose from whose shoes they want to play the game. There is a wide range of characters that you can choose to play. Each of these plays a key role in the warlike setting that the game is based on: assault personals, snipe, engineer, support specialist, medic, anti-tank force, and special force. Each character has a particular set of operations to carry out successfully to end the war and win the battles.
- There are twelve different maps that the player can choose between and each map is very different from the other. It is set in different locations like the desert, urban areas, swarms, dam, and much more.
- The game has good soundtracks that add to the thrill and make the game more interesting. Adding the extra boost that sets up a perfect war mode can really bring out the warrior in the player.
- The player is given awards and badges for completing challenges and milestones. New weapons unlock with each milestone completed, letting the player level up and fight more efficiently.
- There are many booster packs that make the game even more entertaining with new features and war settings to boost the gameplay.
Minimum Requirements for Running Battlefield 2 on Windows 10
Your computer will have to satisfy these requirements so that you are able to download and install Battlefield 2 on it:
- A processor with a minimum clock speed of 1.7 GHz is needed to run the game.
- The minimum RAM capacity required is 512 MB.
- The minimum graphical memory required is 128 MB.
- The free storage space required to install the game on a computer is 2.5 GB.
- The DirectX version must be DirectX 9 or higher ( the game file comes with a DirectX 9 installer so the installer will automatically upgrade your DirectX version).
- A sound card is required to output sound effects soundtracks.
These are the minimum requirements for running the game on a computer. This doesn’t mean the game will work very efficiently. The better the hardware setup of the computer, the higher the efficiency of the game.
How to Download Battlefield 2 for Windows 10
Use these steps as a reference point for downloading and installing Battlefield 2:
- To download the game from the internet, open up your preferred browser on the computer.
- On the web browser, search for a free download of Battlefield 2 for Windows 10.
- You will find many websites on the search results; pick one good website to download the game file.
- On the website, locate the download button for Battlefield 2 and click it. This will download the game file.
- Once the download is done, you can go ahead and install the game on the computer and start playing.
- If the game doesn’t work well, try running it on Windows 7 compatibility mode by changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7 in the properties panel.
We hope that the information provided above was useful and you were able to get an idea about the game. The game is pretty old but it is still a good game to play on a mid-range computer. Try playing the game and we are sure that you will have an interesting experience.