Chat rooms and group chats have been popularised by users from all over the world. Well, one of the most popular communications tools used by millions of people in the Discord platform. Discord provides numerous options to effectively communicate whether it’s one to one or group communication. Well, the platform can be installed on Windows and other OSes making it a very versatile and powerful communication tool. Well, the application hosts many cool features that allow users to communicate effectively and one such feature is the overlay feature. We will discuss further the overlay feature and find out how to disable the feature if needed.
Millions of people use Discord every day, especially gamers. This platform has proved to be one of the best chat, voice, and video call platforms. This platform provides high-quality service and allows anyone above the age of 13 to use the platform. Well, with Discord, community chats and calls have become easier and people can access the features with ease. The live stream option in the application is what gamers are attracted to most and prefer using it for streaming games. Well, there are other features discord offers that makes it a better platform for gamers.
So, some features in applications are not as useful and are better off disabled at times. Well, the overlay feature of the Discord application is something that can be kept disabled to prevent it from causing more trouble than good. Well, to begin with, the overlay function will provide you with features to communicate when you are in a game. Well, the overlay function will stick to the monitor and will provide necessary tools and features to gamers, so they can chat, call and do much more with this simple function. Well, overlays use is limited and is not needed all the time, so many users prefer to disable the feature and enable it whenever necessary.
Recommended Post:- Enable System Restore Point on Windows 10 – Quick Guide
Well, there are some issues caused by the overlay feature and these are some reasons why users generally disable the feature. Well, some common issues caused by the overlay feature are.
Issues Caused by Discord Overlay
- Discord Overlay 404: The discord 404 error occurs with many games and there is no apparent reason for the issue. So, the overlay is pretty useless in this situation and will cause a hindrance when playing the game.
- Discord Overlay Not Working: An error like this during gameplay can be bad news. This error will disable the user’s communication channel with their friends or community.
- FPS Drop Due to Discord Overlay: Some gamers have reported that they were able to notice a drop in FPS while using the Discord overlay and hence if you are playing a high FPS game, better disable the overlay feature to get a satisfying gaming experience.
- Discord Overlay Flicker: a flickering overlay screen is pretty much irritating, that too, when you are in the middle of a game, a portion of the screen flickering will be a prominent distraction and you will not perform better, so it is better to disable the overlay feature.
So, if you feel that the Discord overlay is not useful, you can disable it and run games smoothly. So to disable the feature, here are two methods, that you can follow and get done with disabling the Discord Overlay.
Disable Discord Overlay With These Simple Methods
So, here are the straightforward methods to disable discord overlay use to make your Windows 10 computer:
Method 1: Disable Discord Overlay Completely
Well, disabling the discord overlay feature entirely is one way of approaching the problem. So, to disable the features, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To disable the Discord Overlay on your computer, open the discord application by searching for it in the search bar.
- Now, once you have opened the application go to the settings option which you will find on the left window pane bottom corner.
- Now, in the settings option, scroll down to find the game overlay option, enter it.
- Now, find the toggle button and then disable it.
- Leave all the other options as it is and try playing a game with the settings, if you find the discord overlay missing, well, you can finally enjoy games without the overlay on the screen.
Method 2: Disabling the Discord Overlay for a Particular Game
Well, this might be a better option, because the Discord Overlay can be useful for some games and will not be of any use for others, so selectively disabling the overlay will provide you with an option to keep the feature for games and disable it for the rest.
- So, to disable the discord overlay for a certain game, open the discord application by searching it in the search bar.
- Now, in the application, go to the settings option.
- You will find the settings icon at the bottom left corner of the application window.
- Here, in the settings, navigate down to the game overlay option.
- Now, make sure that the game overlay option is enabled.
- Now, open the activity status above the game overlay option.
- A list of all the games installed on your computer wil appears, if you are unable to find a game, click on Add it.
- Now, choose the games you want the overlay feature to work on and then enable the overlay option for that game.
Well, these are the two methods you can use to disable the discord overlay on your Windows computer. So, with these two effective methods, you can disable the overlay.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, disable the discord overlay and have a better gaming experience. If you feel like using the discord overlay, you can enable it any time you want.