The use of PDF is wide and every user who has something to do with documents would use this format it is one of the most used document formats and its versatility is what makes it highly usable and preferred for users. PDF format is free to use since Adobe let it lose in 2008 as an open standard and all other document development/ manipulation applications come with an option to export documents as PDF and this allows users to freely use the format to share their documents around with security and ease.
We all know that Adobe Reader is a standalone Reader software developed and circulated for free by Adobe to provide users with the capability of viewing and editing PDF files. Since the development of the PDF format by Adobe in 1992, they have been providing the Adobe Acrobat Reader for users to install. With PDFs so popular and used widely by billions of people to share documents, it is important to have a PDF Reader in place on computers and other devices to view and perform basic edits. Specifically.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is mostly used by professionals as the application is versatile and is capable of opening and displaying PDFs on computers with ease any issue with the application will jeopardise the work and the issue needs to be taken care of. So, here in this article, we will discuss an issue that is causing the Adobe Acrobat Reader to not respond. So, hop on to learn the simple methods and fix the issue on your computer.
Well, issues are common for any application and Adobe Acrobat Reader is no exception, the not responding issue with Adobe Acrobat Reader might be due to corrupt system or application files and this will not cause the application to not respond but other internal errors will occur and here in this article, we will discuss some simple solutions to fix the issues of Adobe Acrobat Reader. So, if you are facing issues with using the Adobe Acrobat Reader on a Windows system, this article will provide you with simple methods, which you can effectively use and fix the issue.
Recommended Post:- How to Download Adobe Reader free on Windows 11 – Complete Guide
Simple Methods to Fix Adobe Acrobat Reader not Responding issue on Windows System
Mentioned below are some simple methods that you can use to fix the Adobe Acrobat Reader not responding issue on Windows computers.
Method 1: Run the Program in Compatibility Mode
Running a program in compatibility mode will provide the program with some extra support that will allow the program to run better, and this can be used when applications run a problem.
- To fix the Adobe Acrobat Reader not responding issue, open the file explorer by using the shortcut Windows + E.
- Here in the file explorer, navigate to this path C: Program Files (x86)AdobeAcrobat Reader DCReader.
- Here, find the AcroRD32.exe, right-click on it and then select Properties from the menu.
- Now, in the properties tab, select the compatibility tab.
- Here, under the compatibility mode check the tick box near Run this program in compatibility mode and then select the Windows OS version the application worked perfectly fine.
- Now, press the Ok button to save the changes.
- Now, try opening the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Method 2: Run with Admin Rights
Administrator permission is a very crucial permission every application needs to run on a Windows computer and if the permission is not provided, the app might run into issues.
- To run the Adobe Acrobat Reader as an administrator, open the folder where the application file of Adobe Reader is and then right-click on the application icon to open the menu.
- Here in the menu, select the properties.
- Here, in the properties tab go to the compatibility tab.
- Now, check the tick box near the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Now, click on the Ok button and then try running the application.
Method 3: Update Adobe Acrobat Reader
An update can help you fix issues with the application and doing the same for Adobe Acrobat Reader might resolve the issue for you. So, to update the software, visit the Adobe website and from here, download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to your computer and then install it.
Method 4: Disable the Protected Mode
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader application.
- Click on the Edit option.
- Here go to Preferences.
- Now, uncheck the box near the Enable protected mode at startup.
- Now, click on Ok and then try restarting the application.
Method 5: Reinstall or Repair Adobe Acrobat Reader
Reinstalling the application will fix issues related to the application by fixing corrupt files.
- To reinstall or repair Adobe Acrobat Reader, open the settings.
- Here, go to the Apps tab.
- Here, from the list of applications, find the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Now, select the uninstall option under the Adobe Acrobat Reader to reinstall the application, if there is a repair option use it to repair the corrupt file instead of uninstalling it.
- After you uninstalled the application, restart the computer and then download Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website and then install it on your computer.
Try Other PDF Readers or Use Web Browsers to Open PDF Files
Almost all Web Browser is capable of opening PDFs and you can use them to open PDF files with ease, you can also install other third-party applications to open or edit PDFs on your computer.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, with these simple methods, you can fix the Adobe Acrobat Reader not responding issue with ease.