Most computer OSes in the market as paid ones, as they are robust and developing, maintaining, upgrading them takes lots of effort and time. OSes offer great capabilities to the computer. The OS in a computer takes control of every aspect of the computer and control the hardware components and provides a platform for users to work. Modern-day OSes are pretty powerful and are user interface based, the OS enhances the user experience and provides users with all necessary control features.
Windows OS is one of the best in the market and the OS has been used since 1985. There have been nearly 17 OS releases with several features and functions to run computers. The latest and final OS released by Microsoft is Windows 10. The OS is considered one of the best and is currently being used by millions to run their computers. The OS offers several improved features like an intuitive user interface, improved functioning and much more, which makes the OS highly usable and efficient.
One cool feature of the Windows 10 OS is it can be used for free to run the computer. The OS can be downloaded from the Microsoft website and can be installed on the computer without a key. Using the OS for free will only cost you losing some features like personalization, which is not very important as you get to use all the other important features and functions. Users who wish to get the full version of the OS can purchase the activation key and enter it when installing the OS.
Some users have reported an error code 0xc004f025 when trying to activate the OS using the activation key. This is not a serious issue and can be rectified with fixes. This article will explore all the possible fixes for the issue to help you resolve the error code 0xc004f025 on your computer when trying to activate Windows 10.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Recycle Bin file Association Error for Windows
Fix For Windows 10 Activation Error
Here are some simple and easy solutions that might help you with fixing the error code 0xc004f025 on Windows 10. All the methods are pretty general and can be helpful for other similar errors in the OS. follow along to learn more about the fixes.
Method 1: Restore your OS to an Older Time
Restoring your computer will solve most of the problem on your computer. Restoring feature on Windows have been saving millions from errors and glitches in the OS ever since the feature was introduced.
To restore your computer to an older time, follow these methods mentioned below:
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows key and the r key on the keyboard.
- Now, enter “rstrui” in the text field and hit enter.
- Windows restorer will pop up and you can follow the steps mentioned in the wizard to restore your computer to an older time.
- If the error persisted for quite some time, choose a date that will restore the computer to an older time than the error.
Method 2: Change your Standard User Account to an Administrator Account
An administrator account has more power and control over the OS than a standard account, the standard account has limited control on the OS and major OS decisions cannot be taken using a standard account, if you use a standard account then either switch to the administrator account or just change to one to get going with activating the OS.
To change to an Administrator account, follow these methods mentioned below:
- Open the control panel by searching for the control panel in the search tab.
- Here, click on the user accounts.
- Now, click on the change your account type.
- Select on Administrator.
- This will make your account an administrator account and you get to access most of the functions and power to modify in the operating system.
- Once done, changing your account to administrator, you can restart your computer for a clean start.
Method 3: Troubleshoot The Issue
Troubleshooting is a very powerful way to get over with most common problem in Windows OS. there is a separate feature that you can use to troubleshoot errors in the OS and knowing to use this will benefit you and prove to be helpful.
To Troubleshoot The Activation error 0xc004f025, follow the step mentioned below:
- Open the settings application by searching for settings in the search bar.
- Now, in the settings go to updates and security.
- Here go to activation and then click on the option troubleshoot.
- The troubleshooter will run and fix the issue on your computer.
Method 4: Reinstall Windows 10
If you have just installed the OS, you can try reinstalling the OS without worrying about backing up files, if you are an old user, you need to back up the files and then proceed to reinstall the OS.
Method 5: Use Command Prompt Commands to fix the issue
- Open the command prompt and enter these commands one at a time “slmgr -rearm”.
- Now open the file explorer and then navigate to this location C:\Windows\System32.
- Here rename the slmgr.vbs file to slmgr.old.
- Restart the computer and try activating the OS once again.
All these methods mentioned are pretty simple and easy to use, you can fix the issue with these simple tricks and if you fail to do so, dont worry you can use Windows 10 without activating it as you are not denied of much of the features of the OS.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, make sure you fix the issue and use the OS with all features enabled.