Being a series of personal computer OS, Windows 10 was officially produced by Microsoft. It belongs to a part of an operating system known as the family of Windows NT. Windows 8.1 is the predecessor of Windows 10 and on 15th July 2015, it was released to manufacturing while the official release of Windows 10 for the retail stores was on 29th July 2015.
Windows 10 released many versions. Anniversary version (also known as version 1607) is one of them. Some of the other versions of Windows 10 are version 1703, 1709, 1803 and 1809.
License / Product Key Free Trial
Developer Microsoft Inc.
The codename of the Windows 10 anniversary update version is Redstone 1. It is the 2nd major update of the Windows 10 update series and the 1st in the series of an update under the series of Redstone codename. Its build number is 10.0.14393. The very first preview of this version was announced on 16th December 2015. The final release that was accessible to the Insiders of windows was available on 18th July 2016 and it was publicly released on the 2nd of August. The users for which this version of windows release was supported were Current Branch for Business (CBB), Current Branch (CB), and Long-Term Support Branch (LTSB).
The 1607 version of Windows 10, furnishes overseers with expanded command over updates by altering the update deferral increase from weeks to days. Different changes:
Updates regarding quality can be conceded as long as 30 days and delayed. for 35 days
Updates over different features can be conceded as long as 180 days and delayed for 60 days.
Update deferrals can be connected to both the Current Branch for Business (CBB) and Current Branch (CB).
Drivers can be avoided from updates.
Different features of Windows 10 Anniversary update
Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD)- in the earlier versions of Windows 10 ADK (Assessment and Deployment Kit), installation of additional features were required in order to run the Windows ICD. beginning in anniversary version or version 1607, only the component of the configuration designer can be installed autonomous of the leftover components of imaging.
Windows Upgrade Readiness- the upgrade readiness was developed by Microsoft due to the increasing demands of the customers of enterprise that look for additional directions and further details regarding the up-gradation process of Windows 10. Upgrade Readiness was incorporated considering various channels of client input, testing, and Microsoft’s experience redesigning a large number of gadgets to Windows 10.
With Windows demonstrative information empowered, Upgrade Readiness gathers framework, application, and driver information for the investigation. We at that point distinguish similarity issues that can hinder a redesign and propose fixes when they are known to Microsoft.
Windows Hello for business- At the point when Windows 10 originally delivered, Windows Hello and Microsoft Passport were included with it which cooperated to give multifaceted validation. To rearrange arrangement and improve supportability, Microsoft has joined these advances into a solitary arrangement under the version 1607 of Windows Hello name in Windows 10. Clients who have just conveyed Microsoft Passport for Work won’t encounter any adjustment in usefulness. Clients who still can’t seem to assess Windows Hello will think that its simpler to send because of streamlined strategies, documentation, and semantics.
Application Virtualization (App-V) for Windows 10- When the version 1607 of Windows 10 was released, App-V was incorporated with the Windows 10 for the Enterprise version. On the off chance that you are new to App-V and Windows 10 or in case you’re updating from a past form of App-V, you’ll have to download, initiate, and install server-and customer side segments to begin conveying virtual applications to clients.
In order to install the version 1607 (Anniversary update) of Windows 10 into a PC, there are some of the requirements of the system that must be fulfilled.
The requirements of the processor include the following things
- IA-32 or x86-64 architecture with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2.
- x86-64 CPUs must also support CMPXCHG16B, PrefetchW and LAHF/SAHF instructions.
- When it comes to the requirements of RAM (Memory), there is a minimum requirement of 1 GB for IA-32 edition while 2 GB RAM is required for x86-64 edition. In the meantime, the recommended RAM is GB.
- The minimum graphics requirements are DirectX 9 graphics device WDDM 1.0 or higher driver while the recommendations for the same are WDDM 1.3 or higher driver.
- The minimum requirement for display is 800×600 pixels and there is no recommendation for display in this case. The above provided can work properly.
- The minimum requirements for input devices are Keyboard and Mouse. The multi-touch display is the recommendation in this case.
- The minimum storage space for 1607 version is 16 GB for IA-32 edition and 20 GB for x86-64 edition.
- Some of the other system requirements include Biometric authentication of the Fingerprint reader. The requirement for BitLocker is a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0, a dedicated USB flash drive, or a password. The device encryption feature requires a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 and InstantGo. The Hyper-V feature requires Second Level Address Translation (SLAT). The Miracast feature requires a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct, NDIS 6.30, WDDM 1.3 (Ivy Bridge). The requirement for security boot feature is UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B with Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in its database. The speech recognition feature requires Microphone and the Windows hello feature requires Illuminated infrared camera.
Steps to install Windows 10 Anniversary update ISO
Boot to the Windows 10 work area. In the event that you have the Windows Anniversary Update ISO, you can double-tap it to mount it at that point begin the overhaul. On the off chance that you are installing the update from a USB or DVD thumb drive, embed or associate it, at that point click the on-screen notice.
- Click Run setup.exe Pause while setup is instated.
- You can choose to download and install any imperative updates before upgrading it. This is prescribed since it can guarantee a smooth redesign. In the event that you are not connected with the Internet, select the Not right now radio box. Click Next.
- Pause while Windows 10 setup checks your framework.
- Acknowledge the End User License Agreement.
- Pause while Windows 10 setup completes one last check to guarantee your framework is prepared.
- Windows 10 setup will check in the event that you have enough disk space.
- If it’s not too much trouble note, you have the choice of picking what you might want to keep, which incorporates individual documents, applications, and settings. On the off chance that you need to play out another introduce or simply keep your documents click Change what to keep. When you have picked the ideal alternatives, click Install to start.
- This will be your screen for maybe a long time. Amid the installation process, your PC will restart a few times.
- Windows 10 setup will continue after the first restart. You will see the setup experience has by and by been refined from the recently animated circle. This will be your screen for some time. Whenever complete, Windows 10 setup will restart on itself.
- Your account must be signed in.
- Hence done, the windows 10-anniversary update is successfully installed into your PC.