This is one of the generic serving hostings and has many processes running in it at one time. This process manages to include Windows Autos Updates and other processes that use memory, RAM, huge disk, and CPU. Most of the users often mention in the feedback that service hosts occupy 99% of disk usage in Windows 10. If you are phasing out a similar problem then all you have to do is press the Ctrl+Alt+Del key to jump on to the page of the task manager. Here you will find the service host local system high disk issue.
To fix this issue, click on the process tab and scroll down a bit. This would screen a lot of processes with the name of the service host local system. Service host: Local system (network restricted), service host: network services, and service host: local service. These are the only processes that can help you fix the issue and get Windows 100% disk usage in Task Manager.
Clear Definition of Service Host Local System
Service host local system high disk usage issue is most challenged when the users speed up Windows 10. Local system network restricted error considerably occurs on Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems. Most users often complain about several svchost.exe processes that use the power of computers. For this reason, the device slows down, and some programs crash or become unresponsive.
Steps to Fix Service Host Local System High Disk Usage
To fix the issue all you can follow the steps mentioned below:
Disable Superfetch Service
Disabling Superfetch service can be the simplest method to go for, as it reduces your boot time and scales up the efficiency of loaded programs. Moreover, Superfetch can also help you with generating service host local system high disk usage issues.
To keep Superfetch services on hold, the following are the steps that should be compulsorily followed:
- Click on Windows key and type Command Prompt net.exe stop Superfetch and press the enter key.
- It also disables Superfetch but you have to wait for a while
- We suggest you also run the check disk command to scan and fix the existing issue. For that type the command chkdsk.exe/f/r and press Enter
- Now press Y and wait for at least 15 minutes
Troubleshoot Windows Update
If your PC suddenly shuts down during Windows update it also causes the service host local system high disk or CPU usage. To fix this existing issue all you have to do is run Windows update troubleshooting available in the control panel.
- Click Windows key + R key and type control panel, hit enter
- Click on System and Security and Security and Maintenance
- The operating system will give you two options Troubleshooting and recovery clink
- Now click Fix problems with Windows update and proceed to the Next
- Press Windows + I to open setting, and proceed to click Update & security
- Click on troubleshoot and complete the process by pressing the Windows Update button
You’re all good to restart your computer.
We believe that this step would work for you to fix the service host local system high disk issue. If you then proceed with the next step and get it solved soon.
Disable Backup Intelligent Transfer Service
- Open Windows Task Manager and proceed with the Service Tab
- Continue pressing Services button in the Service Tab
- A new window will appear on your screen. Continue pressing B to find service naming Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- Right-click and press to keep that on hold.
Restore hard drive and Optimize System
This would probably be the final solution to fix service host local system high disk. If you want to fix this issue, all you have to first run is chkdsk.
- Open Command Prompt and run chkdsk. To confirm for any typos you may check pressing the Enter button.
- It will start scanning. It will detect all the running errors and fix them at once.
- Press Windows key > type optimize drivers and right-click to run the program
- Select the hard drive > click Analyze. The user can also check the percentage of fragmented files for the confirmation
- Click on the Optimize button for defragmenting your drive.
How to Fix Service Host Local System High Disk Usage (Network Restricted)
You can learn about how to fix Service Host Local System High Disk Usage (Network Restricted) by accessing the link below. Also, make sure that you have enough back up before you proceed with the same. There are a lot of duplicate ISO images on the market and it is best to download the same from a trusted source.