The Device manager on Windows computers is a pretty important tool and any issue related to devices on the system can be checked and fixed at times with various simple tools provided by Microsoft. The device manager is the first tool that is accessed by users when a device-related issue is identified, so connecting to such a futuristic tool remotely has been made possible in recent computers and many users who need this feature can be using it with ease. Well, here in this article we will be exploring some simple ways that you can use remotely connect to the device manager and use this tool efficiently without errors.
Well, errors in remote connections are very much possible as these technologies are still under development and every other tech company is involved in perfecting them. With work from home trending and people preferring this mode of work, cloud computing and remote access features are widely used by people all across the world and this is hastening the process of developing remote computing. And in a professional setup, a computer technician will be appointed to manage all the administration work and here there will be no need for remote access to the device manager for other users but in setups where no admin is available, every user has to know the method to remotely connect to the device manager.
We all would have used the device manager tool on Windows OSes regardless of the version of the OS to track or resolve issues or even tweak the connected devices on our computers, but the concept of remotely accessing the device manager is quite strange but we can do it. So, if you are wondering, why do we need remote access to the device manager? Here is the answer, Well, it is quite simple to say that the need for accessing device manager on computers is necessary and with remote work being the way of working in most spaces and its possibilities of being the future technology, the feature of remotely accessing device managers remotely can come in handy and if you need to use devices remotely, you can effectively do so.
Recommended Post:- Fixed: Err_Connection_Closed in Google Chrome
Remotely accessing the device manager is not for everyone as Windows home users will not have options to access remote features and only professional users will be able to use these features in most professional setups, the administrator or the IT department will take care of all these matters, but if you are still looking forward to
So, before we dive into learning the method to connect to a device manager remotely, we can discuss the errors that might occur and some simple methods to avoid them.
Some of the common errors that might occur when you try to remotely access Device Manager
Following are the scenarios that you might encounter when you try to remotely access the device manager on Windows computers.
- You’re not able to connect remotely to Windows Server 2012 Deice Manager from Windows 8 computers.
- You are not able to connect remotely to Windows Server 2012 Device manager using a Windows 7 computer.
- You are not able to connect remotely to Windows Server 2012 Device Manager using a Windows 10 computer.
- You are not able to connect remotely to Windows Server 2008 R2 Device Manager using a Windows 8 computer.
- You are not able to connect remotely to Windows 8 Device Manager from a Windows 7 computer.
These common errors can be managed by properly checking for issues with components that might relate to these features on Windows computers. You might check for network adapters- update them or reinstall them with the correct one, Reinstall NetExtender, update the server OS etc.
So, now that we have a basic idea of how the error might manifest and some simple solutions that can fix it if happened, let us dive into learning the actual method that you can use to remotely access Device Manager on your computer.
How you Remotely Access Device Manager on Windows Computers
The method mentioned below is one of the simplest and it involves the use of the tool computer management which is readily available on Windows OSes. this tool is widely used for performing management functions and the options available can let you access other systems connected to the network as well.
- To remotely access Device Manager on a server computer, open the task manager on your computer.
- Here, click on the File option and then select the run new task option.
- A command window will open where you have to type in compmgmt.msc to open the computer management tool.
- Once the computer management tool opens, here, select the action tab and here from the menu select the connection to another computer.
- Here, in the text box, you have to type in the name of the computer that you want to access on your network and select Ok.
- If you are not aware of the name of the computer you want to connect to, you can use the browse option, where all the computers that are connected on the network will be displayed, from here, you can connect to the computer you want remotely.
- Now, after, you connect to the computer you want to, you will find the name of the computer that is remotely connected to your computer and now, you can access the device manager and then use its features.
Well, you can also use third-party tools to remotely access the device manager on other computers and use easily access the manager or other tools on the computer.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, with this simple method, you can easily access the device manager remotely.