External devices are prominently used alongside Windows computers, mostly as input or output devices. Common devices that are connected with the computer are a mouse, keyboard, printer, ethernet, monitor and USB storage devices. These peripheral devices are very commonly used and computers are designed to support these devices through special ports like the USB port, HDMI port, LAN and much more.
Well, these peripheral devices are very important for running a Windows computer and even modern-day laptops come with USB ports and other ports to facilitate connecting peripheral devices. Well, some users have been experiencing the error with error code 45 that says, the hardware device is not connected. So, here in this article we will explore the issue in-depth and describe some simple solutions, so, you can easily fix the issue on your computer.
Oftentimes, errors with peripheral devices interrupt the workflow and fixing them takes priority. Errors related to peripheral devices on Windows are not very common but when they occur, it becomes difficult to handle as sometimes important devices like keyboards or mouse cause trouble and it’s pretty difficult to handle those situations.
Recommended Post:- How to Fix Bad System Config Info Error on Windows 10
Some common causes for the error 45 to occur are corrupt registry keys, outdated drivers or faulty hardware devices. So, these are simple errors and fixing them takes much less energy and strain. Windows Offers some tools like the command prompt, device manager and other tools that can be employed to fix the error code 45 on computers. With the cause explained, we can jump right into learning the fixes.
Simple Methods of Hardware Devices is Not Connected to the PC Issue(Code 45)
Well, there is some simple process that employs various Windows features and tools, so the issue can be resolved. So, here are some simple methods to fix the error code 45 on Windows computers. Follow along and fix the error and run your computer with ease.
Method 1: Use the DISM Scan
Running the DISM scan to fix common errors on Windows is a very common method as the DISM scan fixes corrupt Windows files and restores good health. Running this scan is very easy.
- To run the DISM scan, open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now, in the command prompt, type in “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: and hit enter.
- This command will scan all the Windows system files and see whether there is any corrupt files in the system, if the scan finds corrupt files, the files will be replaced with good ones.
This is one of the simplest way to fix error on Windows computers caused by corrupt system files.
The scan will take some time to complete, sokeep the computer on with a power source, well, you can work on the computer during the scan.
Method 2: Update the Drivers
Updating drivers will fix error switch problematic devices connected to the computer. Outdated drivers causes issues on the computer and updating the drivers can fix the error with ease.
- To update the drivers, open the device manager.
- Here, select the device that you are unable to connect with your computer and then right-click on its driver.
- Now, from the drop down, select the update driver option.
- Now, in the update wizard, select automatically search for update option.
The wizard will search for update and install it on the computer.
You can also visit the official website of the device that is causing trouble and install the latest driver on your computer.
Method 3: Update the Windows System
Running a Windows update will fix common issues with the OS and it is a good way to tackle errors on Windows.
- To update Windows, open the settings application.
- Here, go to the update and security tab.
- Now, click on Windows update and then click on the option, check for updates.
- Now, install the available updates on your computer.
- Once the updation is done, restart the computer.
Method 4: Run the SFC/Scan
- Just like DISM scan, SFC scan is a scan meant to fix corrupt system files, so you can try running this command to fix the error on your computer.
- To run the SFC scan, open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now, type in sfc/scannow and hit enter.
- The scan will run and will check all the system files for errors.
- If any erroneous files is identified, the scan will try to fix it.
- Once the scan is complete, restart your computer.
Method 5: Reinstall the Problematic Driver
- To reinstall the problematic driver, open the device manager.
- Here, select the driver that has problem.
- Now, right-click and from the drop-down menu, select the option to uninstall the driver.
- Once done, restart the computer and the uninstalled driver will automatically be installed.
Method 6: Run The Device Troubleshooter
- To run the hardware and device troubleshooter, open the settings.
- Here, go to update and security.
- Now, select the troubleshooter option.
- Here, click on the additional troubleshooter’s button.
- Here, look for hardware and devices troubleshooter and then run it.
- The troubleshooter will fix the issue on your computer.
Hope the information provided above wash helpful and informative, with these simple methods, you can fix the hardware device that is not connected(code 45) error on your computer.