Fedora will provide users with a free open-source platform that they can make use of for clouds and containers. This will allow users who are in software development to create unique and effective solutions for themselves.
There are different editions of Fedora namely Fedora Workstation, Fedora Server, and Fedora IoT. There are also editions of the software that are on their way to being introduced. The user can also learn about other options that they may find interesting. Learn more about Kali Linux ISO, drop down to ISO River page for the detailed insights.
There is a special desktop environment for users to explore and try out. It will definitely be exciting to do so.
Features of Fedora Linux 25
The user can read in-depth about the features of the OS so they can understand what the OS has to offer them:
There is a redesigned power management system in place that will help users save much more battery power. Having less battery power can make systems inefficient to use as the user will have to constantly charge them. They would not be able to perform compute-intensive or even simple tasks because of that. Thus, having a good power management system is essential for ensuring that the user is able to do everything that they need to do for a longer time.
LibreOffice is Fedora’s office suite. This is a much faster version of OpenOffice. There are minor bug fixes and excellent file format compatibility. LibreOffice is also recognized as being one of the most significant open-source office suites out there.
This is a beta feature that the user will have to install on their own that can be very useful. With this feature, users will be able to make any changes they want to their firewall settings without having to restart it. Firewalls can also be opened up for any specific network requests that the user has. The port can then be easily closed after the request has been answered.
Virtual Desktop Support
There is ample virtual desktop support for users in this version of Fedora. This will prove to be useful to people who need support in this area. They will not have to worry about not having the support they need anymore.
RPM Package Manager
The current version of this software manager has received some much-needed improvements. It makes it much easier than ever before to install the software. It does a great job of handling installations and making them work properly on the system. There have also been many new security features added to this version of RPM. There is even an encrypted home directory support available for users. There is a great consistent naming system in place and a virtual machine creator as well.
In this desktop environment, there is a separate area where switching between tasks and virtual desktops is carried out. This area is called Overview. In this version of GNOME, the minimize and maximize buttons have to be found and selected when needed unlike before where they appeared by default. All of the different utility bars have now been combined together to form a single bar that is called the header bar. All of the applications of the environment have also been revamped so that they offer a better UI for users.
Downloading and installing Fedora Linux 25 for free
These are the steps that the user will have to follow if they want to download and install Fedora Linux 25 for free:
- The user will have to search for a free download of Fedora Linux 25 online and find a secure link to download the OS.
- They will then have to select that particular link and enter into the website. Once the user does this, they will have to go to the Editions tab that is available on the top-right hand corner of the official website and choose the edition that they want: Fedora Workstation, Fedora Server or Fedora IoT.
- Once the user has selected their edition, they will have to select the Download now button that appears before them.
- The user can choose to either download the OS directly on Linux or get an ISO file. There will be instructions available to guide the user if they are not sure how to create and use a live installation image. The user can read those instructions if they want to.
- The user should select the Download button corresponding to the type of Download that they want. They will then have to wait patiently for their download to get completed as this can take a lot of time.
- Once the user gets their ISO Fedora file, they can write it to a USB stick. The user will have to make use of Fedora Media Writer in order to perform the installation.
- They will have to right-click the image that has been downloaded and select Disk Image Writer under the Open With option.
- They will then have to select the USB stick as the Destination and then click on the Start Restoring option.
We hope that the article helped shed some light on Fedora Linux 25 for you. This OS is one of the most interesting and innovative of its kind. There are many cool things that can be done with it and you can try them all out if you download and install it on your system.
If you are not sure about the OS, please try to research more about it before you make the decision to try it out. You will feel much better after having more information about it. You can share this article with someone you think may benefit from reading it. If you have any questions regarding what you have just read, you can reach out to us in the comments section below.