Sometimes, storage devices can be a bit problematic and cause an error like unable to write/ read the driver. This is not pretty common but recently Windows 10 users are encountering errors related to storage devices with an error code 0x0000001D which disables the users from writing on the specified device.
Windows 10, being pretty well maintained and frequently updated, the chances of bugs and errors in the OS are minimum compared to the previous Windows versions. In recent times the Windows 10 OS has been provided with updates and which cover bug fixes and improvements for many manor and minor functionalities in the OS. Even though the OS is very versatile and advanced certain errors cannot be avoided as the OS is not yet capable of handling these errors by itself, and requires human interventions to solve the problem. The errors in the OS are pretty easy to fix and certain built-in features let users fix errors related to functions in the OS.
This particular error in the OS can be caused due to a problem with the disk drive, corrupt external device, and other minor issues like junk files and corrupt files in the computer. These errors are pretty simple and can be handled with simple methods, which will be discussed in the latter part of the article.
This thing is you dont have to panic or struggle your way through this issue as there are solutions on the way that will help you fix the issue, here are some cool and easy to follow fixes that you might use and fix the issue right away to make a file transfer efficient.
Recommended Post:- How to fix Microsoft Store Apps Crash with Exception Code 0xc000027b
Methods to Fix the Error Code 0x0000001D on your Windows 10 Computer
Fixing issues with the OS has become pretty easy and simple, unlike in the old days, there is no need for an expert to look into issues and errors as the OS has some cool features and troubleshooting methods that can come in handy, and also thanks to the internet, fixing errors on the computer has become much easier and efficient as there are thousands of free websites and communities that offer an expert solution for fixing the errors and problems in the computer. With this expertise and tested methods, you will be able to fix the issue with the Write Fault Error on Windows 10:
As mentioned above, the error is caused due to malfunctioning of the disk or corrupt files. These can be fixed by the following methods.
- Reinserting the external disk drivers.
- Formatting the device.
- Scanning the device for virus or malware.
- Run the hardware troubleshooter.
- Use the command prompt to check for errors.
- Update theOS to the latest version.
- Clean the temp files.
Method 1: Reinsert the External Device
Unplugging and re-inserting the device to the computer can fix the issue with the unable to write error if the error is minor. You can eject the device properly and re-insert it to the computer can help with fixing the issue.
Method 2: Format the Device
Formatting the device will remove all the data in the device. This can fix the issue if the files in the device are preventing the file transfer.
- To format the device, insert the device in the appropriate socket.
- Now, once the computer recognizes the device, go to the Windows Explorer > This PC.
- Here, right-click on the device icon and then click on format.
- A small format window will open here let everything be the default and click on the start option. So the format will begin.
- Once the formatting is done, eject the device from the computer and then reinsert it in the computer, now you will be able to transfer files to and fro from the device.
Method 3: Scan for Virus and malware
You can fix the issue by just running an antivirus scan on the device. You can use any antivirus application for that matter, you can also use the Windows Defender to scan the files in the device. Any possible virus will be removed from the device and the error will be fixed.
Method 4: Run Trouble Shooter
Troubleshooters have been pretty great features in the Windows OS, they often help with fixing issues with the computer and mostly fix the issue.
- To run the troubleshooter, open the Windows PowerShell and run this command “msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic”.
- Now, select hardware and devices and hit next.
- Now, click on auditing and then click on the continue option, once the troubleshooter is done fixing the error, you can quit the troubleshooter window.
Method 5: Clear all the Temp Files
Clearing the temp files can be pretty easing for your computer, it also boosts the performance of the computer and reduced the chance of you running into errors and other issues.
- To clear the temp files, open Windows Explorer, now search for a temp in the search option.
- Click on the temp folder from the search list.
- Here in the temp folder, press on the control + A key to select all, and then delete them by pressing the shift key and the delete key on the keyboard.
Method 6: Use Command Prompt to Run Commands
Here are some commands built into the computer to help with fixing issues.
You can use these commands in the command prompt and fix the issue with ease.
- Open the command prompt by searching for the command prompt in the search bar.
- Here enter the command “SFC/ scannow” and hit enter.
- Once the scan is over the error would have been gone, if the error still persists, run another command in the command prompt.
- Enter “ chkdsk C: /f /r /x” and hit enter.
- This command will scan for errors in the disk and will fix the issue for you.
Method 7: Update the OS
By simple updating the OS the error can be fixed.
- To update the OS, open the settings > update and security > check for updates > download and install updates.
These are pretty much everything you need to do to fix the issue on the computer.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, fix the error 0x0000001D with these simple methods to efficiently transfer files.