While going to install Office 365, some users receive the error code 50058. This problem can be caused by a variety of password-related issues, such as user passwords not functioning, not responding to input, or user passwords not being accepted by the account they are logging into.
But, it all leads to the password expiring, which is most noticeable when they have limited timed access to an account or if the account is deleted after a set period.
In this article, we’ll go through how to resolve error code 50058 and how to avoid it in the future. If the first remedy fails to cure the problem, we will present further options to help you resolve it. Follow the steps below to resolve Office 365 problem number 50058.
Recommended Post:- How to Fix Error 0x80070057 on Windows Update
All About office 365
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription service that gives users access to a suite of Microsoft Office apps and productivity tools. Popular applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are included, as well as technologies such as OneDrive for cloud storage and collaboration, Teams for communication and collaboration, and SharePoint for document management and collaboration.
Office 365 gives users access to these tools and services from any location with an internet connection, as well as automatic updates and access to new features as they are published by Microsoft. The service is accessible on a subscription basis, with different plans and pricing options depending on the user’s or organization’s demands.
There are numerous advantages to utilizing Office 365, including:
- Access from any location: One of the key advantages of Office 365 is the ability to access your documents and programs from any location with an internet connection. This means you may easily work from home, on the go, or from any location.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Office 365 comes with a variety of collaboration capabilities that make it simple to collaborate with others in real-time. You may collaborate on projects and share resources with your team by co-authoring documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as using platforms like Teams and SharePoint.
- Automatic Updates: You always have access to the most recent version of the software with Office 365, and updates are installed automatically. This eliminates the need to manually update your program or risk missing out on new features and capabilities.
- Savings: Because Office 365 is accessible on a subscription basis, you can save money when compared to traditional software licensing methods. Subscription payments are also predictable and simple to plan for.
- Robust Security: Office 365 contains a variety of security and compliance capabilities, such as sophisticated threat protection, data loss prevention, and information protection. This can assist in protecting sensitive data in your organization and guarantee regulatory compliance.
- Scalability: Office 365 can be simply scaled up or down to meet the demands of your organization. You can add or delete people as needed, and you can select the plan that best meets your needs.
Overall, Office 365 offers a variety of benefits that can help your organization increase productivity, collaboration, and efficiency while also providing enhanced security and cost savings.
Office 365 is intended for small and medium-sized organizations, as well as individuals and homes, and provides a variety of features and capabilities to help users be more productive and efficient at work. It is a powerful collaboration platform that enables teams to collaborate in real time and effortlessly share documents and resources. It also provides a high level of security and compliance features to safeguard sensitive data and maintain regulatory compliance.
What is Error 50058?
While using Microsoft’s Azure Active Directory (AD) authentication service, Error 50058 often relates to an “Unable to complete the security token request” error. When a user attempts to authenticate with an Azure AD service, but the AD service is unable to complete the authentication process and deliver a security token, this error occurs.
Further information, such as the error code and a description of the error, may be included in the error message. Invalid authentication credentials, poor AD service configuration, network connectivity issues, or server-side AD service failures are all common reasons for Error 50058.
To resolve the error, it is usually required to investigate the source of the problem and resolve any underlying issues with the authentication procedure. This may include testing network connectivity, verifying the user’s credentials, and analyzing the AD service configuration and logs to identify and rectify any issues.
Why Are You Getting the Error code 50058 on the Screen?
Here are some of the most prevalent reasons for the error code 50058, as well as the official reasons stated by Microsoft.
- You’re not using the proper ID: Very likely, you are not signed into Outlook with the same ID as Microsoft Office 365.
- The SSO is invalid or tainted: If you have SSO (Single Sign On) enabled and it is invalid or corrupted, you will receive error code 50058.
- Your Windows profile is corrupt: If an employee previously used the Office application, their profile may become corrupt if they leave the organization, causing the issue.
- The password is no longer valid/Expired: When you enter an expired password into an account that has limited time access, your account may be canceled after a specified amount of time.
How can we resolve problem code 50058?
Let us now turn our attention to the comprehensive methods that will assist you in resolving problem code 50058. Be certain that you follow all of the directions step by step and accurately. Let us get started.
Solution 1: Use the Credentials Manager to resolve the issue
- Step 1: In the first step press the Win key to bringing up the Start menu.
- Step 2: Open Credentials Manager by typing it in.
- Step 3: Click on Windows Credentials.
- Step 4: Locate Office supplies.
- Step 5: Choose the Office item from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: The login and password will be displayed in encrypted form.
- Step 7: Choose Edit.
- Step 8: Retype your Office 365 credentials.
- Step 9: Restart your computer.
- Step 10: Lastly, Start Office 365 or Outlook to see if this fixes the problem.
The Credentials Manager saves the password so that users can access their accounts without having to log in every time they open the program.
If you recently changed your password or your account was audited, some of the information that was changed will cause complications and eventually throw errors such as error code 50058.
Solution 2: Make a new user account.
- Step 1: Press the Win + I keys to access the Settings menu.
- Step 2: Choose Accounts.
- Step 3: Choose Other users.
- Step 4: Click the Add Account button.
- Step 5: Insert your email or phone number.
- Step 6: Press the Next button.
- Step 7: Click Complete when your Microsoft Account is ready to use.
- Step 8: Exit the current account.
- Step 9: Create a new account on your computer.
- Step 10: Go into your Outlook or Microsoft 365 apps using the Office account to see whether this resolves the issue.
Issues with your local account can sometimes cause problems with your Office account. Create a new account and log in to your Office account to see whether this resolves the issue code 50058.
Solution 3: Log out of all SSO tools.
If you are utilizing an SSO or Single Sign On the tool, such as Azure or ManageEngine Identity Manager Plus, we recommend that you log out and sign back into all SSO tools.
This approach works because the error code 50058 can be caused by a problem with the associated program. Such issues can also result in frequent sign-in prompts or error codes.
Error 50058 with Microsoft Teams on Android Devices
Other explanations could be because Microsoft goods are used on a variety of devices such as Android and Mac. You may be given a code to allow you to access your Android device. You can view the profile, chats, folders, and so on, but it may want an authentication code or something else.
Uninstall and reinstall the Teams or Outlook apps on Android. It should resolve the issue.
If you use Microsoft products on Android, make sure you have the most recent versions of Outlook, Teams, and the Office suite of applications.
OneDrive error code 50058
If you are encountering problems while using Microsoft Outlook 2016, it is most likely due to a problem with OneDrive. To resolve the problem, try the following steps:
- Step 1: Ensure that you have the most recent version of OneDrive installed.
- Step 2: Launch Outlook and navigate to the File tab.
- Step 3: Choose Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Choose your account and then click Change.
- Step 5: Choose the Advanced tab after clicking More Settings.
- Step 6: Choose Repair from the Microsoft OneDrive menu.
- Step 7: Finish the repair by following the directions.
Error code 50058 on Mac
If you are experiencing problems with Outlook 2016 on your Mac, you can resolve the problem by following the troubleshooting methods outlined below:
- Step 1: Restart your computer and then relaunch Outlook.
- Step 2: Verify your internet connection to ensure it is operational.
- Step 3: Try using a different browser to access your Outlook account.
- Step 4: Turn off any antivirus or firewall software that is currently running on your system.
- Step 5: Remove all temporary files from your system.
- Step 6: Repair your Microsoft Office installation
- Step 7: Try logging in to your Outlook account from a different computer.
Error code 50058 on Android Devices
This error code is frequently the result of an issue with your Android smartphone. To resolve the issue, try the following steps:
- Step 1: Turn off your smartphone. This may resolve the issue.
- Step 2: Check for any available Android updates for your device.
- Step 3: If you’re not using Outlook, consider uninstalling and re-adding your Outlook account to your device.
- Step 4: If you are still unable to get Outlook to work on your Android device, please contact our support staff for assistance.
Microsoft Teams error code: 50058 on iPhone
If you’re using Outlook 2016 for Windows, this means your mail server is down. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Your network connection has failed.
- Your mail server is unavailable or down.
- You are attempting to connect to a public Wi-Fi network that does not permit access to mail servers.
To resolve this issue, try the following:
- Check to see if your computer is linked to the internet. Check with your IT department or ISP to check whether your mail server is down.
- If you want to connect to a public Wi-Fi network, look for one that allows access to mail servers.
How to fix error code 50058 in Microsoft Teams?
When you encounter an error code when using Microsoft Teams, it signifies there is an issue with your account settings. To resolve this, you must update your account settings in the Teams app. Here’s how it’s done:
- Step 1: Launch the Teams app and navigate to the Account Settings page.
- Step 2: Choose the “Update account” option.
- Step 3: Update your account information and click “Save.”
- Step 4: Quit and restart the Teams app.
- Step 5: Retry utilizing Teams to see if the error still appears.
That’s all; you’ve solved the problem, and you can now use Microsoft Office without being plagued by the error code 50058 bubble popping up now and then. The credential manager normally maintains passwords to allow users to access accounts without having to log in each time; however, if you recently changed your password or had your account audited and certain information was updated, the procedure will be impacted.
The primary account’s details are updated as they should be, but the credential manager’s details aren’t updated unless expressly altered, especially if no account changes have occurred. You must access the management panel and make the required changes. Once the info has been changed and the account has been successfully registered, you will be able to access Microsoft Word without being interrupted by constant logins.
In the Windows 10 edition of Windows Credential Manager, Web Credentials, which include internet logins, and Windows Credentials, which contain information only needed by Windows services and apps, are divided into two categories. This is a new feature in Windows 8.1 that simplifies the use of previous versions of Windows. Historically, saved data was divided into four types. That concludes our contribution to this guide