Technology has completely changed the human lifestyle. Today we humans need comfort and seek new things to come. We need upgradations in the software that can refine the work operations to a minimum. Though technology is remarkably minimizing the manual work and bringing automated work culture to help reduce human efforts.
Linux is one such operating system based on the Linux kernel that is constantly running in the market and winning the hearts of the users by introducing newness to the system. Released in 1991, now Linux is one of the top brands in the software industry in the global markets. To learn more about Manjaro Linux 17.05 ISO, drop down to our ISO River page for the detailed insights.
Linux has always been a unique player in the software industry. This operating system has been creating unique interfaces and giving a new angle to the technology era. For decades, Linux has created a lot of software and applications and delivered powerful workflow experiences to the users.
In this article, we will be discussing one of the software from Linux called Mint and will be sharing the insights including features, the process of downloading the software, and many more.
What is Linux Mint
Released in 2006, Linux Mint is an open-source application and a community-driven distribution based on Debian and Ubuntu. This application is a bag of unique multimedia support tools for those who are keen to have multimedia codecs.
Talking about the features of such a powerful application, it includes the version of the 17.3 installation process that includes proprietary software such as codecs and plug-in. This software efficiently provides MP3, Adobe Flash, MP3, and DVD playback. Linux Mint has a wide range of software installed including Transmission, Firefox, LibreOffice, Thunderbird, HexChat, VLC media player, and Pidgin.
This application can also run many programs designed for Microsoft Windows including the Wine Windows compatibility layer software for VMware Workstation, KVM, or VirtualBox. It is also available with several desktop environments including MATE, Xfce, default Cinnamon desktop. It has additional desktop environments including Synaptic, custom Mint Software Manager, and APT.
How to Download Linux Mint ISO
Downloading Manjaro Linux brings no more complexities. As this software is heavy and has lengthy steps of installation, but Linux Mint is worth downloading in the operating system. We have come up with the steps to download Manjaro Mint in the operating system. We would also suggest you follow the below instructions carefully to avoid any failure while downloading.
- To start with the process, first, the user needs to download Manjaro Linux software. As it is an open-source platform, the user can easily get the download link from the internet.
- As you have now created a bootable media, insert DVD or USB port and boot the same into it. You should see the screen below and finally a live Linux Mint 18 desktop.
- Click on “Install Linux Mint” to start the installation process of the application.
- A welcome screen will appear on the screen. Select the installation language and press Continue to proceed further.
- As your installation process will be in process, check the check-box on the screen to install third-party software for WiFi, Flash, MP3 plus, graphics, hardware, and many other media applications. Click on the “Continue” to proceed further.
- Select the Installation type as “perform manual partitioning”. Proceed to “Continue”.
- If you are doing a manual installation disk setup. To perform the partitioning scheme, click on “New Partition Table”.
- Click Continue on the dialog box on the screen below to set up a new empty partition table on the hard disk you have selected.
- Select the “Free space” to create new partitions on the hard disk.
- Create a swap which is generally a space on your hard disk that temporarily holds data.
- To create swap, click on + sign, enter the parameters, and click OK.
- After you’re done creating all the partitions, click on the “Install Now” and click on Continue on the dialog box below asking you to confirm the partitioning scheme.
- Select the country location accordingly.
- Meanwhile, set up a system user account. Enter the details including your name, computer name, system username, and a strong password.
- The system files will be installed on your root partition.
- Wait until the installation process is complete.
- Click Restart to reboot your machine.
System Requirements of Linux Mint ISO
To download any software or an application in the operating system, the user should compulsorily check the requirement that the system is asking for. If you are looking forward to downloading Linux Mint, follow the below system requirement:
- To download Linux Mint, the user must have at least 1 GB RAM in the operating system.
- Linux Mint demands a 1GHz processor to run the software smoothly and fast in the operating system.
- The user must know to keep the operating system upgraded with 30 GB free hard disk size before downloading Linux Mint.
- The operating system should have bootable media (ISO, USB drive, & DVD).
- Before starting the download of Linux Mint, the user should ensure that the internet connection is strong. In the case of a weak connection, the downloading may not be done.
Download Linux Mint ISO – A Complete Guide in 2020
We hope that you are satisfied with the information we have delivered to you. If you are a Windows user and you still do not have Linux, then you should download Linux Mint ISO as it helps you with a good amount of features and smooth functioning. Also, it is extremely handy and easy to function. Download Linux Mint ISO and keep your operating system up-to-date. If you have any queries regarding the download of Linux Mint ISO you can drop down your concern in the comment section and we will get back with the solution in minimum time.