We all love to take breaks in between our work schedules. We may take long breaks to fresh up, which increases our productivity. In recent days computers have become more versatile and are widely used for work and performing other activities, this makes computers a part of our daily life and knowing the features of these intelligent machines is much essential to speed up our efficiency.
With computers being used for work, taking breaks often can be difficult as we have to shut down the system before we take a break and when we are back the computer needs to be fired up, which can be pretty tedious and time-consuming as all the applications and programs need to be opened. To counter this tediousness, all modern computers have a cool mode called the sleep mode which we are all pretty accustomed to and have started using. Sleep mode is pretty versatile and convenient, which can be easily used and accessed.
Well, with Windows being one of the major OSes used for running workstation computers, a feature like the sleep mode is built into it by default. This enables users to put the computer to sleep and have a short break. In the Windows 10 OS, the sleep mode can be configured with ease using the power and sleep options in the settings and the computer can be put to sleep with simple shortcut and other simple methods.
Firstly, you need to understand how sleep mode works, so you will be able to anticipate its uses with ease. So, basically, when the computer is put to sleep the power supply to all components except the RAM is cut off. With this, the RAM stores all the information temporarily and fires up immediately after the power button is tapped with opened application and files intact. With this, you can resume the work from where you left it and continue without wasting time.
With this said, most of the users are familiar with the sleep mode but aren’t keen on how to use it exactly and when o use it, this information is crucial as improper use of sleep mode can damage the computer and cause long term effects to the computer. The sleep mode is built to make the computer go inactive for a short period, say two hours and anything more that could keep the RAM running and reduce the efficiency. You can use sleep mode when you take a break of about 30 minutes and shut down your computer if you have no use of the computer for long hours. And with shutting down the computer, you save some power. So, knowing these things are very essential as this will help with proper use of the sleep mode.
Recently some Windows 10 users have been facing issues with putting their computers to sleep, if you are someone who is looking for a fix for something like this, you can go ahead and know the fixes from the article, these fixes will help you with rectifying the issue with the sleep mode in Windows 10.
Recommended Post:- Install Software without Admin Rights on Windows 10 – Quick Guide
Methods to fix Sleep Mode not Working on Windows 10
Here are some pretty simple methods to fix the issue with sleep mode in Windows 10. You can try them out and fix the issue and effectively use the sleep mode. These methods involve changing power options, hence you need to carefully follow them.
Method 1: Enable Sleep Mode in Settings
Check whether the sleep mode is enabled in the settings, if it is disabled, enable it and then use the mode.
- To enable the sleep mode in settings, open the Settings application by pressing the Windows key and the I key on the keyboard.
- Here, go to the systems tab.
- Now, select the power and sleep option.
- Check whether the sleep mode is enabled, if enabled, you will find the timer under the sleep option, if not set the timer accordingly.
- You can also reset to the default, to do this, in the power and sleep option in the settings, click on the additional power settings.
- Here, go to the “change when the computer sleeps”.
- Here click on the restore defaults for this plan.
- This will restore the default and the sleep mode will function without any error.
Method 2: Run an Antivirus Scan
Running an antivirus scan will remove all the viruses and malware that might be interrupting the computer. With this, an issue caused by viruses will be rectified and the computer will be safe.
Use any good antivirus to scan your computer, and if you dont have an antivirus, use Windows Defender to scan your computer. Once done, restart your computer.
Method 3: Disable the Hybrid Mode
Hybrid mode is an in-between setting that is between hibernation and sleep. When this mode is enabled the sleep mode will be disabled.
- To disable the hybrid mode, got to settings by pressing the Windows key and the I key on the keyboard.
- Here go to the power and sleep mode settings in the system option.
- In the power and sleep mode window, select the additional settings option.
- here, choose the “change advanced power settings”.
- Click on the plus icon near the sleep option.
- Select the allow hybrid sleep and then turn off the in both “on battery” and “plugged in”.
- Once done, the hybrid mode will be turned off and you can put your computer to sleep.
These are pretty much every method, you can use to fix the sleep mode not working in your computer.
I hope, all the information provided above was helpful and informative, make sure you fix the issue and use the sleep mode effectively.