Computers these days come with lot’s of AI features built-in. AI features are incorporated in the devices to make life easier but at times, some AIs does the opposite. Well, Artificial Intelligence is a field that is still being explored and a concrete structure is yet to be given to the tech. This makes AI uncertain and can sometimes be annoying. OSes like Windows, Android and others have been experimenting with many simple artificial intelligence features like Adaptive Brightness, Cortana, and applications built by Microsoft to run on Windows OS. Well, the AI features built by Microsoft are pretty good and does their jobs with great efficiency, but at times, some of the features fail and cause more trouble than good. Here in this article, we will discuss one of the issues that prevent users from disabling the adaptive brightness feature on Windows OS.
Well, as mentioned previously, adaptive brightness is a simple but very effective feature that can potentially save a lot of energy. With the adaptive brightness, feature turned on the computer can sense the lighting condition of the surroundings using a sensor and then set an optimum display brightness. Well, sometimes, this adaptive brightness feature just causes trouble by adjusting the brightness all of a sudden and this can be really annoying. The adaptive brightness feature in Windows 10 and 1 are quite advanced yet, they can be troublesome. Well, this feature can be disabled or enabled based on necessity, but some users have reported that switching this feature off has been difficult and the error makes things difficult.
Recommended Post:- Solved: Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD in Windows 10
Well, before we jump into fixing the issue on a computer, we have put up a simple step-by-step method to disable the feature, if you have been doing it wrong the whole time.
- To turn off the adaptive brightness feature on your computer, open the control panel.
- Here, go to the hardware and sounds option.
- Now, go to change the plan settings.
- Nom change the advanced power settings.
- Now select the display and then turn off “enable adaptive brightness”.
Simple Methods to Fix the Unable to Turn Off the Adaptive Brightness Feature on Windows 10/11 PC
So, if you have tried this method and you are unable to turn off the adaptive brightness feature here are some simple methods to fix the issue with ease.
Method 1: Disable Some Relate Features in the GPU Settings
Some options in the GPU settings will let you disable the adaptive brightness feature on your computer. If you are unable to use the power option to turn off the adaptive brightness, you can use the GPU settings to do it.
For AMD GPU
- Open the AMD Radeon Graphics settings.
- Here, go to the preferences.
- Now, choose the Radeon Additional settings.
- Expand the power section.
- Select the power play option.
- Here, uncheck the box near, enable vari-bright”.
For Intel GPU
- Open the Graphics Properties.
- Harem go to the basic mode.
- Now, choose the power option.
- Here, choose the On Battery option.
- Uncheck the box near Display Power Settings Technology and confirm the changes.
Method 2: Disable The Adaptive brightness Feature Using Command Prompt
- To disable the adaptive brightness using the command prompt, run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now, type in powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and then hit enter to run the command.
- Now, go to the power settings in the control panel and then disable the adaptive brightness feature.
Method 3: Update the GPU Driver
Updating the GPU driver might help with fixing the unable to disable the adaptive brightness feature on Windows.
- To update the drive, open the device manager by using the search tool.
- Here, find the graphics driver and then right-click on it to open the menu.
- Now, select the option update drivers.
- Now, choose the automatically search for drivers option, to update the driver software.
You can also visit the official website of the GPU manufacturer and then download the appropriate driver software manually and then install it you your computer.
Method 4: Run the Power Troubleshooter
Running the troubleshooter to fix issues in Windows OS can be an effective way of resolving the issue.
- To run the troubleshooter, open the Settings application by pressing the Windows key + the I key on the keyboard.
- Here, navigate to the update and security settings.
- Now, head to the troubleshooter option and then choose the additional troubleshooter option.
- Now, select the Power Troubleshooter and then run it.
Method 5: Use the Registry Editor to Fix the Issue
- To use the registry editor, open the run command and in the run command window type in Regedit and then hit enter.
- Now, in the registry editor, locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Brighten Movie.
- Now, right-click on the ProcAmpBrightness input and choose the modify option.
- Now, change the value to 0 and then save the changes.
- Now, locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\media\Darken Movie and then change the value to 0 for the ProAmpBrightness file.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative. With these simple methods, you can fix unable to turn off the adaptive brightness feature on your Windows 10/11 computer.