Windows Server 2022 is very practical and efficient OS which is capable of running massive servers. Microsoft has been developing windows server for decades and is moving forward with improvising the OS with new features to offset the trends. Microsoft has been developing these for computers since the 1970s and it has come a long way. The recently released versions are very much capable and are much more powerful compared to their previous versions.
The advancements have taken shape and Microsoft is set on a path to creating better OSes for the coming generations. Server OSes that Microsoft releases have a special place and there are millions of enterprises who use server OSes to run their server systems efficiently. Well, here in this article, we will discuss the latest release of Windows Server OS 2022. Hop on and get a glim of what the OS brings to the table and how to download the ISO file of the OS.
Recommended Post:- Download Windows 11 ISO File 32 & 64 Bit
Server OSes are in a different class, as they are capable of handling a lot more compared to a normal Window OS. Windows Server 2022 OS is the latest version and would be very powerful than the previous one. Let’s see, how the OS outperforms the previous server OS and the method to download the ISO file.
What is a Server OS
Server OSes are OSes capable of running small to massive servers with full efficiency. Servers OSes are built different and provide features for running server computers.
How is Server OS different from normal Windows OS
Server OSes are built to run servers whereas normal Windows OSer is built to run personal computers and laptops. Well, the two OSes can look pretty similar but the features are entirely different and a server OS is 100 times more powerful than PC OSes and that’s what allows server OSes to run massive servers without errors.
Well, speaking of the Windows 2022 Server OS, let’s see what the features are, so we can better understand the potential of the OS in running servers.
Potential Features of Windows Server OS 2022
Here is the list of potential features of Windows Server OS 2022, that you can check out and know, what the OS brings to the table.
- HTTPS and TLS 1.3, enabled by default. TLS 1.2 can be found on the OS.
- AES-255-GCM and AES-256-CCM cryptographic suites are available for server message block encryption.
- DNS over HTTPS is supported.
- Secure core server and secure core boot protection features made available.
- You can find hardware root of trust, firmware protection and VBS on the OS.
- SMB over QUIC for much safer communications.
- AZURE-ARC is available with Windows Server-2022.
- Storage mitigation services allow users to migrate files servers from on-premises to Azure.
- Update the .NET application with the new containerization tool in the WAC.
- Optional server message block compression capabilities to speed up the network transfer.
- Now with the Windows Admin Center, remote management of certificates, deployment of containers and server performance tracking can be done.
Well, these are the crucial improvements in the Windows Server OS 2022 and if you are looking for a way to download the ISO file of Windows Server 2022 on your computer, Here is how you can download the Windows Server 2022 ISO file. So, before we plunge into learning how to download the OS ISO file, let’s understand the minimum PC requirements to run the OS.
Minimum PC Requirements to Run Windows Server 2022
SO, here is the list of minimum PC requirements to run the Server OS 2022.
- Processor: A 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor supporting NX and DEP, CMPZCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF and PrefetchW.
- RAM: 512 MB of RAM is the bare minimum and 2GB of RAM is needed to server desktop experience installation option.
- Hard Disk Space: A minimum of 32 GB of free space is required to run Windows Server 2022 using the Server Core Installation Option.
- Network: An ethernet adapter with a minimum 1 GB per second throughput compliant with PCI express architecture.
- Graphics Card: A driver capable of supporting super VGS(1024x 768) or higher resolution.
- Firmware: UEFI 2.3.1c- based system and firmware that supports secure boot. TPM.
How to Download the Official Version of Windows Server 2022 ISO File
- T download the Windows Server 2022 ISO, on your web browser, search for Download Windows Server 2022 ISO.
- Now, click on the link with the title try Windows Server 2022 on Microsoft Evaluation Center.
- Now, on the website, scroll down and find the option to download the ISO file. Select the ISO file option and click on download.
So, this is how you can download the ISO version of Windows Server 2022 OS on your computer. Well, if you want to try out the OS, use it on a hyper-V server and test the features out before going large scale. Well, if you are about to migrate to Server 2022 from Server 2019, test the features out on virtual machines and then slowly shift your OS. First, try simulating the upgrade and then slowly migrate to the new OS, by doing this, you won’t break any component on the server and the process might be a bit easier.
Hope the information provided above was helpful and informative, you can download the ISO version of Windows Server 2022.