Virtual CloneDrive can be used exactly like a CD or DVD. However, unlike those devices, it is a virtual device. Any image file can be placed inside a virtual drive from a hard disk and it can then function exactly like the previously mentioned devices.
Virtual CloneDrive can support up to 15 virtual drives at once. These virtual drives can contain anything from simple data to audio or video files. Virtual CloneDrive is completely inside the Windows Explorer context menus. The device is free to download and use.
The fact that Virtual CloneDrive can only mount up to 15 virtual drives at once can be seen as limiting as it would be better to handle more at once.
Recommended Post:- Google Input Tools Zip File Download for free
Features of Virtual CloneDrive
These are some of the features of the virtual CloneDrive:
- It will mount images as a virtual drive
- All image formats will be supported(ISO, BIN, IMG, UDF, DVD, and CCD)
- It will emulate CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs completely
- It can support up to as many as 15 virtual drives all at once
- It will display a history of recently mounted images
- It will automount the final image
- It will unmount images using the eject button
- It will seamlessly integrate with the Windows Explorer context menu
- It is very simple to use to mount an image file
- It is free to download and use Virtual CloneDrive
Procedure to download and install Virtual CloneDrive
Ensure that you read and understand the given steps carefully so that you will be able to install and download Virtual CloneDrive successfully:
- Proceed to the Download page for Virtual CloneDrive and select the given download button. After this is done, you will receive a prompt to save the installation file.
- The installation file should be properly saved to a location on the computer where it can be found easily by the user. It will be hard to find and use if it is in a location that is difficult to find. It is suggested that the user save the file to their desktop.
- Once the download has been completed, the installer should be selected. Many prompts will be presented to the user. They have to follow each and every one of them properly without fail. Once this is done, the user will be asked to confirm whether they want to install Virtual CloneDrive or not. They should respond with a “yes” to this so that the installation can happen.
Mounting an ISO image using Virtual CloneDrive
After Virtual CloneDrive has been successfully installed, it can now be used to mount an ISO image. These are the steps that have to be followed in order to mount an ISO image using Virtual CloneDrive:
- The user should download the ISO file that they wish to mount from the website of their choice.
- Once the file has been downloaded, the user should locate their disk image(it can be found under the Computer folder). Using Virtual CloneDrive, the ISO image will be automatically mounted. The user can now look through the contents of it without having to follow any extra steps or procedures.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Virtual CloneDrive
These are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Virtual CloneDrive that users have faced while using it:
- Virtual CloneDrive has been found very easy to use
- All the user has to do to mount an image is simply double-click the image file
- Mounting and unmounting the Windows Explorer context menu can be completely done through the Windows Explorer context menu
- Free software that does not harm your device in any way
- Virtual CloneDrive can only handle 15 virtual drives at once
- The amount of image formats that can be mounted is less
- Virtual CloneDrive cannot be used to make and burn images
Alternatives to Virtual CloneDrive
These are some of the alternatives to Virtual CloneDrive that are available:
- PowerISO- This is a virtual drive that is capable of encoding, burning, mounting, and also encrypting CDs and DVDs. It is very easy to find this software online and download it.
- Alcohol- This is a software that can burn and copy CDs and DVDs.
- Sequoia Holdings- This is a wonderful software that provides custom high- performance DOD specific services.
- UltraISO– This can be used to create CD image files with general ease. It can also handle DVD image files effectively.
- OSFMount– Local disk image files in Windows can be mounted using OSFMount.
- Gizmo Drive- ISO files can be mounted to a virtual CD-ROM drive and password protected images can also be mounted to a virtual hard drive using Gizmo Drive
- Furius ISO Mount- This can be used to mount ISO, IMG, and BIN image files without having to burn any of it to a disk
Having now come to the end of this article, we hope that what was written will help you out greatly. We enjoyed finding out more about Virtual CloneDrive to prepare this content for you. It is a wonderful virtual device that can be used to easily mount ISO images.
If you have ever had problems with mounting your ISO images or struggled to make it all work, Virtual CloneDrive will definitely be a large step-up for you. You can also think of using any of the alternatives that have been listed if you feel that they would be better suited to what you need. Different devices will have different capabilities that may appeal to you depending on what your situation may be.
We are excited to see you try this product out and have a wonderful time using it. If you have any queries about what we have written or if you wish to discuss anything, please reach out to us in the comments box below and we will help resolve them for you.