Microsoft office 2016 is a powerful tool for document work, initial release on September 22, 2015; 3 years ago. It was released for operating systems like windows 7, windows server 2008, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows server 2012, windows 10, windows server 2016, windows server 2019. It is available in 102 languages. The mainstream support will end on October 13, 2020, and extended support will end on October 14, 2025.
This version of Microsoft office comes with many new features like editing, create and save the file directly to the cloud from the desktop. Many search command tools like word, powerpoint, excel, outlook are available and the user can directly connect office or online. Some other features like powered by bing to gather information, designer sidebar layout, new chat in excel, histogram, insertion of online video in OneNote, etc are also included. It also supports vector graphic format SVG. It contains apps that are available in Microsoft office 2003, 2017, 2010. It has some new features for sharing document and it also supports retina display.
Features that are available with Microsoft office 2016
Some of the features of the office suite are:
- Clip art and image library has been removed in place of this clip board is powered by bing image and one can add online image or clip art to its file.
- Document information panel has been removed instead of which sharepoint property is added.
- It no longer supports EPS file format, the image will be replaced with red x placeholder.
- It doesn’t not support Equation 3.0. Instead of which it has LaTex math equation syntax.
- The dark grey theme has been updated and a black theme OS is added.
Microsoft office Excel is a software that allow us to create, formulate and calculzte data using spreadsheet system. Some new features added are as follows-
- Tell me box is new added in the Microsoft office. It serves as a shortcut search for the function list.
- It has statical forecasting for data.
- Fully integrated 3D data map is added in this new Microsoft Excel.
- Waterfall chart is added which is best for plotting financial data.
It is a computer program used for information gathering and multi user collaboration. We can create note which contains text, pictures ,table, drawing etc. One note can be downloaded without Microsoft office 2016. It allows offline paragraph level editing having later and merging. The scanned image button has been removed. To insert scanned image into onenote we have to download Microsoft scan from Microsoft 10 store and scan the file and then insert it into onenote.
Microsoft Outlook is used as email client for Microsoft exchange server email. It also has features like calendar, task manager, contact manager, note making, journal and web Microsoft also released android application for android and iOS version. It doesn’t connect with exchange server 2007. We can use google drive as cloud storage. We can directly open the document through Google drive without leaving office work.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation tool created in September 2015. It is not only used for business purposes but also other than business purposes. 2016 version provides automatic design suggestions. It supports all the format of photo like JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF. The new powerpoint 2016 has many new features like-
- Design idea panel provides several layout options for graphical design.
- It has morph transition which helps us to make smooth animation, object movement across the slide.
- It has six chart types. Examples are waterfall, treemap, histogram ,box, whisker and sunburst.
- It also has screen recording facilities.
- The smart lookup provides quick search from the powerpoint 2016.
It is a commercial word processor, a component of Microsoft office suite.
The new Microsoft word 2016 removed grammar and style for several languages like arabic, danish ,dutch, french, italian etc.
We can write equation in word, convert table to graph, translate on the go, inspect your document, take the benefit of hidden text and many more.
We can add the research button to the ribbon by customising the ribbon.
It is a database management system from Microsoft. Its main use is to access data from any source. Some other feature of Microsoft access is to import and export data for many formats like Excel, Outlook, Oracle, Sql Server, Paradom ,ASCll.The demand for the Microsoft access has been reduced. Access table supports many standard file type like indices, and referential integrity, include cascading updates and deletes.
System Requirements for Microsoft office 2016
- Microsoft office comes with five basic versions: Student, business and standard, professional and professional plus.
- Student: This version is available with only core application.
- Business: This version is available with all the basic core application and outlook.
- Standard: This version is only available via volume licence channel, including the core application and outlook.
- Professional: This version is available with all the core application, outlook as well as publisher and access.
- Professional plus: This version is available via volume licensing channels, which includes all the core application, outlook, publisher, access, and skype for business purpose.
For smooth running of this office feature, we need
- For pc user, one needs a processor with at least 1 GHz speed. For mac, a bit higher speed and should be intel.
- It requires at least 2Gb of ram on PC and 4 Gb for mac.
- At Least 3Gb of HDD space is required ,while for mac it should be 6Gb. 1280×800 resolution of display is required for both PC and mac.
- There is also a requirement of .NET 4 or 4.5 CLR. Although one can also use 3.5 but it has some restrictions.
- One should try to use the latest version as far as possible.
Microsoft office 2016 download:
Microsoft office is one of the best options available in the market for document work, for business purposes and for students also.
We can get this application by downloading the ISO file of Microsoft office 2016. For downloading purpose, one can use the official website www.office.com of Microsoft, by clicking on the Microsoft office 365 file for 32 or 64 according to one’s requirements. If someone is not logged in with Microsoft then he or she must first get signed it.
After that, clicking on the get start button, and clicking on install button, the file can be downloaded.
Installation requires some steps:
- Click run then click yes to begin the installation. Download may take some time ,be patient. Click close after reviewing steps.
- You will see that you are getting things ready.
- All the application that are being installed along with Microsoft office OS shown in the office screen.
- Launching office 2016 and office installation is done.
- Click start the application and accept the licence agreement.
What’s new in Microsoft office 2016:
Some of the new features added in the Microsoft office 2016 are :
- Outlook 2016 supports multi-factor authentication: Multi factor authentication available through the integration with the Active Directory Authentication.
- Outlook 2016 comes with autodiscover configuration. Without autodiscover you cannot exchange server.
- Data loss protection feature is added to word 2016, excel 2016, powerpoint 2016.
- Visio 2016 support information right management for the protection for online and offline protection of visio diagram.