Mac OS Leopard 10.5 is the sixth release by Mac OS for Apple’s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers. It is available in two editions: for desktop or personal computers and server version (Mac OS X Server). The retail price for the desktop version is $129 and $499 for the server version. It was released on October 26, 2007.
This is the final version of Mac OS X which can support the PowerPC structure as snow leopard function only on Intel-based Macs. The latest released is 10.5.8 (Build 9L31a) on August 13, 2009. Its kernel type is hybrid (XNU). This version is preceded by Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and succeeded by Mac OS X snow leopard. It is the first operating system that has open-source BSD to be certified as fully UNIX cooperative.
New Features Added to Mac OS X Leopard 10.5
This new Mac OS Leopard 10.5 ISO comes with many new features like:
- An improved Automator is introduced. It can create and edit work with the new interface. A new feature ‘watch me do’ is introduced that record user action and reply as an action in a work. It can create more useful work with action for RSS feed, PDF manipulation and much more.
- It has the feature to access a file on their computer while far from home through the internet.
- It has a new group feature called stack which displays a file in a ‘fan’ style, ‘grid’ style and a ‘list’ style.
- It has redesign 3D dock.
- New dictionary in Japanese is introduced.
- The front row has been updated which closely resembles the interface of original Apple TV.
- Safari 3 is introduced which includes web clip.
- This version of Mac comes with an interesting feature called time machine. It allows the user to back up the deleted or replaced by another version of the file. Time machine does not make bootable copies of backed up the volume, it does not backup encrypted FileVault home dictionary until the user logout. It also does not back up to Airport Disc hard drives but this issue is been resolved on March 19, 2008 update.
- It doesn’t the support classic application.
- It comes with a total of 18 languages.
- It comes with Alexa voice to voice over and the Apple company assured that it is the most natural and understandable voice yet.
- A quick look is available which allows us to view the document without opening them in external software.
- An updated version of photo booth is introduced which allow us, user, to record video with real-time filter and blue/ green screen technology.
- It offers Objective-C 2.0 runtime, which has new features such as garbage collection
System requirements for this new version for Mac OS
To enjoy this version of Mac OS X, there are some basic requirements for a system like:
- If we are talking about the processor then we need an Intel processor or PowerPC of G5 or G4 (867 MHz and faster).
- The DVD drive, internal or external for installation of the operating system.
- Minimum of 512MB of RAM is required for the proper functioning of the system. Additional of 1Gb of is recommended for development purpose.
- Minimum of 9 GB of the disc is required.
These are the features required for the general purpose.
For some features specific requirements in the Mac are :
- Time machine application needs an additional hard drive.
- For boot camp, a Mac with Intel processor and Windows XP service pack 2 or Windows Vista is required.
- 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 is required for the DVD player for improved de-interlacing.
- An insight camera (external or built-in), USB video class camera or Firewire DV camcorder, an Intel or PowerPC G5 processor is required for the photo booth.
- Audio chats required microphone and 56kbs speed of internet connection.
Technical details of Mac leopard 10.5
- Filename:- osx_leopard_10.5_install.iso
- File size :- 7.8 GB
- Developer:- Apple
To get this latest version of Mac
If we set our mind to upgrade our Mac with latest features then we have to upgrade our pc with Leopard 10.5. The ISO file is available on the official website as well as on the apple store. We have to decide what type of installation we require because it comes with three types of installation: Upgrade, Archive and Install, Erase and install.
Archive and install take the middle ground method. This installer moves all your data in one folder and then create a clean installation of OS X 10.5 Leopard. This method allows the user to get all their existing data including the user account. Installation of Leopard OS in the Mac, you have to boot from the Leopard install DVD.
Installation process step by step:
- First, we have to insert the OS X Leopard install DVD into Mac DVD drive.
- After that an install Mac OS X on display on the screen and we have to double click it.
- Click the restart button when the install Mac OS X open.
- Enter the administrator password and press the OK button.
- Mac will restart and boot from the installation DVD. Restarting from the DVD take some time, so be patient.
How To Get Mac OS Leopard on your Mac
Snow leopard comes with no option other than upgrade, but with few extra steps, we can perform erase and install. The ISO file is available at the Apple official website and also on apple store. For installation, there are some system requirements like
- An Intel Mac because it doesn’t support older PowerPC Macs.
- At Least 1GB of Ram is required to run the Snow Leopard.
- It requires 5GB of free space for installation in the system.
- A DVD drive is also required.
After gathering all the requirement, now it’s time to install the Snow Leopard in PC
- Prepare the PC for installation like backup data, repair drive errors and disc permission.
- Insert the Snow Leopard install DVD into the DVD drive.
- Then after double click the install ‘Mac OS X’ icon.
- Click the continue button after opening the Mac OS X Installer.
- Select the drive which has already OS X 10.5 installed.
- Click the customize button if we want to change anything to package.
- When we are ready to install with default application then click the install button.
- Enter the password and click the ‘OK’ button.
- Copy the core file and restart.