Windows Server 2016: Being a server operating system, Windows Server 2016 was developed as a part of Windows NT group of operating systems and is developed by Microsoft. Moreover, windows server 2016 was developed simultaneously with windows 10. The very first version or technical preview was available from 1st October 2014 concurrently with the very first technical preview or preview version of System Center.
Windows Server 2016 was officially released on 26th September 2016 at the conference in the Ignite of Microsoft and it was generally available from 12th October 2016. It consists of two successors namely Windows server 2019 and Windows server Semi-Annual Channel which does not comprise some of the older components as well as Graphical User Interface (GUI). It is available in Closed source and Source Available source model. The latest release is 1607 (10.0.14393.2670) which was released almost 2 months ago on December 19, 2018. The latest preview is RS4 (10.0.17046) which was previewed almost 14 months ago on 5th December 2017.
It generally works on x86-64 platform. Windows server 2016 is preceded by Windows server 2012 R2 which was released in 2013.
Windows Server 2016 main features:
- Nano server- Like Windows Server Core mode, a Nano Server must be controlled remotely, as it gives no nearby logon ability and just backings 64-bit applications. Nano Server is improved for use in private mists and server farms, just as running web administrations, for example, DNS or IIS.
- Active directory domain services- Privileged Access Management (PAM) addresses the robbery of accreditations by collaborating with Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) to ensure the Active Directory (AD) woodland from records with advantaged access. Moreover, new procedures are set up for asking for managerial access and observing of such records, including the terminating joins highlight, which restricts the regulatory window time frame dependent on a predetermined time span.
- Windows containers- Different from virtual machines, containers give permission for the virtualization level of operating systems by providing the adequate access to the operating system, underlying resources to control applications in an individual space of users and libraries.
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) keeps on giving straightforward, secure character league and Single Sign-On (SSO) among ADFS-verified endeavors and accomplice associations. New in 2016 is the capacity to verify clients put away in LDAP or cloud-based suppliers.
- Hyper-V – Hyper-V presents hot administration of virtual systems administration connectors and memory for virtual machines. For security-disapproved of managers, Windows Server 2016 incorporates protected virtual machines that limit altering or the robbery of information and virtual machine states by scrambling both and keeping the assessment of video flags and plates.
- PowerShell 5.0: Following the same pattern towards being Microsoft’s accepted administration terminal, PowerShell holds its regressive similarity while presenting new modules and cmdlets for remote administration and scripting of customers, applications and servers.
Notwithstanding the new highlights, the installation strategy has been altered so that, as a matter of course, the Server Core variants of the OS are introduced. Presented in Windows Server 2008, Core alludes to a solidifying of the OS by which the assault surface of the server is limited by evacuating the GUI and any pointless discretionary establishments.
Windows Server 2016 Editions
There are two versions of windows server 2016 in general including Datacenter and Standard editions. Furthermore, Microsoft has discharged Hyper-V Server 2016, being a hypervisor, it is introduced on uncovered metal servers to run various virtualized OSes.
Windows Server Essentials 2016 conveys the Windows Server framework to independent companies; this release permits these associations not to stress over complex CAL permitting prerequisites.
Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition is completely- highlighted server OS that intertwines the stone strong execution of the Windows Server line with present day foundation headways. It imparts much in like manner to the Datacenter Edition, as the majority of the center highlights are accessible to both. The Datacenter Edition incorporates support for a more noteworthy number of Hyper-V holders, just as new stockpiling highlights and improved security pointed solidly at ensuring virtual machines and system correspondences with its “zero trust” execution.
- Hyper-V edition
Hyper-V Server 2016 is like the Windows Server Core Mode in past adaptations of Windows Server with one noteworthy striking special case: It excludes any of the jobs and administrations accessible to the Datacenter and Standard Editions. The purpose behind this exclusion is expected to Hyper-V Server 2016 being a hypervisor that is introduced onto exposed metal (physical) servers; it just does not require any jobs and administrations, as it serves to have virtual machines as it were.
- Essentials edition
Windows Server Essentials 2016 (some time ago known as Small Business Server or SBS) is a complete server working framework with specific constraints. Structured in light of SMBs, Server Essentials 2016 intends to furnish Active Directory Domain Services alongside client/PC the board for workspaces of up to 25 clients and 50 gadgets. It provides a wide scope of the new and refreshed highlights of the bigger Standard Edition, while scaling others down to offer a moderate, simple to-utilize arrangement ideal for a first server. In contrast to Standard and Datacenter Editions, Server Essentials does not require the utilization of Client Access Licenses (CALs) for every client or gadget getting to the server, which is an immense cost saver.
Windows Server 2016 System requirements
- Processor: 1.4Ghz 64-bit processor
- RAM: 512 MB
- Disk Space: 32 GB
- Network: Gigabit (10/100/1000base T) Ethernet adapter
- Optical Storage: DVD drive (if installing the OS from DVD media)
- Video: Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution (optional)
- Input Devices: Keyboard and mouse (optional)
- Internet: Broadband access (optional)
Installation process of windows server 2016
- Fitting the Windows Server 2016 boot drive (DVD, USB) to the PC and boot your PC. At the point when the Windows Setup page shows up, select your language, time organization and console at that point click on Next catch.
- To begin the process of installation, click on ‘install now’ option.
- Select the suitable rendition of the windows server that addresses your association’s issues at that point click Next. Ensure that you’ve picked a suitable version of Windows server.
- Put a check mark in the container alongside the I acknowledge permit terms and snap on the Next catch. Permit term is about the manner in which you need to purchase permit for your server from Microsoft.
- Select the Custom: Install Windows just (propelled) choice for clean establishment. Clean establishment is the term utilized against redesign. When you redesign a Windows server you can have your settings, applications, and so on from past form of Windows. When you do the spotless establishment you can’t have the settings, applications, and so on
- Select that particular hard drive where you want to install windows server and after that click on new option to perform further partitions.
- In the wake of tapping on the New catch, a few choices show up. Determine the measure of the drive dependent on MB and snap on the Apply catch. A notice shows up which needs you to give the authorization to framework to make a drive for framework records. Snap on alright catch, on the off chance that you need to include more drives do this procedure once more. At the point when completed hit Next.
- After clicking the next option, the system will copy the data from external drive to internal hard drive.
- Enter the required details and the task is over.
Windows Server 2016 ISO 64-bit Download directly
Windows Server 2016: Being a server operating system, Windows Server 2016 was developed as a part of Windows NT group of operating systems and is developed
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows Server
Application Category: OS