Windows has always been the go-to operating system sought after by many. Majorly because of the practicality and the affordability of windows operating the system by the common man. Well, there are a lot of versions that windows launched with their series of operating systems starting from windows vista to the almost latest windows 10.
Out of the lot, the windows 8 version grabbed the attention of many because of the unique user interface windows introduced along with the update. There were a lot of bugs reported initially with the release of Windows 8. So, windows decided to resolve the issues with an update and that’s why windows rolled out the windows 8.1 update. The users of Windows 8 who were struggling with the bugs that the existing operating system was throwing Infront of them, Windows 8.1 seemed to be promising because when windows announced the release of the windows 8.1 update, they promised that the update would be much better, efficient and free from major bugs. Well, it is quite unlike that if you didn’t get access to the update to windows 8.1. don’t worry we have got you covered! This article will give you the various paths you can take on to download the software and make the best out of it.
Why choose windows 8.1 over windows 8
Now if you are comfortable with windows 8 and you are like in dilemma to make a choice between choosing the existing version or the updated version. Here are some points you can look for
- The overall improvement in the user interfaces like the beautiful emergence of the taskbar, split-screen features up to three screens and many more are some of the key highlights.
- It is absolutely free for windows 8 users to upgrade.
- The installation and booting time is very fast.
- The design elements look appealing and premier.
These are just some key highlights that you need to look for when you update from your windows 8 operating system to the newer version. With that all being said, if you aren’t able to switch over to the new update from the system, there is always a good old-fashioned way of downloading the windows 8.1 ISO file and installing it in your system.
There are a lot of versions that are available with the update of the windows 8.1 update.
There are two ways of downloading the Windows 8.1 ISO file from the internet. One is going through Microsoft’s official website and downloading the ISO file and install the file in your system. the other way is using third-party websites and downloads the ISO file. The first method is highly preferred as it is safe and conventional.
Here is what you can do to access the windows 8.1 ISO file and download and install it on your computer.
- Some key requirements you need to meet before you proceed further:
- Make sure that the system is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Sufficient amount of storage space so that you can store the downloaded file
- Have an external USB or a DVD to store the files for future installations. (Optional)
- Have a product key if you are new to using the product.
Download the Windows 8.1 ISO file download
- Go to the official Microsoft website or just type in “Windows 8.1 ISO download” in google and the first link will be Microsoft’s official website.
- Once you are into that you will see a page with the basic requirements you need to have before you proceed with the request.
- The next part is where you have to select an edition from the list of editions that are available from the website. Some of the types are:
a. Windows 8.1 (standard edition).
b. Windows 8.1-K (download for regions in South Korea).
c. Windows 8.1-KN (download compatible for regions in EU, Switzerland and South Korea).
d. Windows 8.1-N (download compatible for regions in EU, Switzerland).
e. Windows 8.1-single language.
- Once that you have selected the type of edition that you want according to your needs, now you need to select the language in which you want to install the product in.
- The next option is that you need to select whether you are going to select for a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system. based on that select your choice.
- Once you do that it will automatically lead to a location where you can change the location where it needs to be stored.
- It will be stored as a zip file and from there you can extract to the drive you want to install the software to.
These are the simple steps you can follow to download the windows 8.1 Iso file from the official website of Microsoft. Well, there are many other websites that can do the job for you but its always better to be safe and trust the official website for all causes. The third-party application might possibly mislead and install malicious software onto your system.
That’s more about how you can download the Windows 8.1 ISO file.
Download Windows 8.1 ISO file directly for free
Windows has always been the go-to operating system sought after by many. Majorly because of the practicality and the affordability of windows operating the
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Application Category: OS